Somali Police Support Advisor – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Police Affairs
- Post date:11 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 3 days
- Share job:
JSSGP TERMS OF REFERENCE
|Post Title||Somali Police Support Advisor|
|Institution and unit||Ministry of Internal Security (MOIS)|
|Name of Supervisor||Director General|
|· Coordination of Federal and State Police JPP Work Requests and oversight of all funded activities in accordance with JPP deadlines.
· Coordination of wider donor support to the MOIS and JPP
· Secretariat support to the JPP Executive Board and other JPP related meetings. Chair of the Somali Technical Working Group (STWG), co-chair of the Strand 2B SWG on Police, and MOIS representative at the PPDB and other key coordination meetings.
· Development of an enduring Somali Police Support Office within the Ministry that will be able to coordinate donor support without an external advisor by the end of JSSGP.
· Other duties as directed by the JPP in order to implement the mandated activities, especially in connection to the specific subject matter expertise.
|· As directed by the JPP Secretariat, produce and consolidate JPP Comprehensive Work Requests for the JPP Executive Board (EB) and Pre-Meet
· As directed by the JPP Executive Board, deliver mandated progress Jan – Jun 2021, specifically including progress with FMS contribution to stipend payments and progress of the MOIS Commitments.
|· Internal weekly report to MOIS Lead Advisor(s) on progress of previous week, and action plan for the following week.
· External monthly report to MOIS/UNDP monthly, covering project progress, milestone achievement, key issues, risks identification/assessment and risk mitigation.
|Qualifications and competencies|
|Education: University degree (law, law enforcement, Criminal Justice, Security studies, International Law management) administration is highly desirable. Or related fields.
Experience: At least 7 years of work experience in the fields of police or other national law enforcement.
· IT competencies in Word, e-mail and coms such as WhatsApp and Zoom/or similar meeting tools.
· Fluent in written and spoken Somali and English
· No criminal record.
· No evidence of any criminal or terrorist associations.
· Conscientious and self-motivated with an ability to work as a team member and on own initiative.
· Ability to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
· Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
· Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their CV along with their application letter and Certificates
Via e-mail to JSSGPjobs@gmail.com /firstname.lastname@example.org so no later than 20/0 1/2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
701 total views, 1 today