Sponsorship Officer – Mogadishu – Heliwa, Somalia
- Job category: Sponsorship
- Post date:10 Oct 2021
- Share job:
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia current works in three regions; Banadir Regions (Heliwa, Wadajir, Dharkenley and Dayninle districts) southwest-state (Baidoa and Hudur) Hirshabelle State (Jowhar & Balcad)
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Job Title: Sponsorship Officer (1 Position)
The Sponsorship Officer is responsible in handling all sponsorship activities in SOS Children’s village in Somalia and directly reports to Alternative care coordinator. The sponsorship officer is the immediate link to the sponsored children, to the children’s village and affiliated projects regarding sponsorship tasks. The sponsorship officer is responsible to form close relationship with the sponsored children and record progressive information for the sponsors’ consumption. Therefore, he/she is expected to follow-up data records and information on the overall development of sponsored children; the general outlook of the village and share reliable information to the National Office sponsorship department. The employee, by keeping in mind the overall purpose of the sponsorship office in attracting and keeping sponsors as a valuable means to cover the financing of the family life in the organization prepares reports and other correspondences to the desired effect.
General aim of the position
- Properly carry out the sponsorship activities of the program location.
- Facilitate and developed positive and close relationship with sponsored children.
- Maintain and develop the long-term relation with sponsors by providing reliable and progressive information.
- Respond to inquiries from the national Sponsorship Office and the program development unit.
- Implement the sponsorship Policy Support Document and other guidelines in taking care of the sponsorship communication activities.
Cooperation and Reporting Relationships
The post holder will collaboratively work with alternative care coordinator, affiliated project heads, all village staff including mothers, educators, social workers, youth care-co-workers.
The post holder administratively reports to Alternative care coordinator and technical to the sponsorship coordinator.
Key Area of responsibility:
- Follows data and overall information on the sponsored children that are necessary for the sponsorship purpose.
- Creates good contact with sponsored children and gather relevant information to sponsors consumption.
- Gathers information and follow the progress of the village and affiliated facilities which are appropriate for the sponsors’ consumption.
- Updates such data quarterly to Sponsorship NO and keep information systematically and orderly for reference at any time.
- Based on the sponsorship report guideline and manual, prepares bi annual reports on all sponsored children and submits to NO sponsorship department.
- By referring the SOS photography guideline, takes proper pictures of children and or facility when needed and send to the sponsorship department.
- Produce multi-media content (take pictures, capture videos, edit pictures and videos, write captions) on different themes for the Digital Lab project.
- Composes facility reports including major activities of the village, the affiliated facilities, other appropriate issues and pictures bi annually for the consumption of facility sponsors and send to NO sponsorship department. (Human touch stories are also required in one of the bi annual report).
- Receives letters and gifts of sponsors from the sponsorship coordinator and distribute to the addressed children.
- Compose and submits acknowledgement and introduction letters to NO sponsorship department on time.
- Provides relevant information to children whenever necessary.
- Follows up on the status of children, whenever there is a change, like change of location, dismissal from school or village, health problem and provides the necessary update to the Alternative Care Coordinator and NO sponsorship coordinator on time.
- Participate in child admission process including the documentation and facilitation of the process such as checking legal document validity (signing checks).
- Creates files for the newly admitted children and regularly updates the status of the children in their appropriate files
- Progressive update and communicates the national office sponsorship department about admitted children’s biographical data, consent forms and recent pictures for international sponsorship program registration on time.
- Based on the sponsorship manual, identifies departing children and prepares departure notice to NO sponsorship department.
- Participate in preparing annual budget, individual objectives and action plan in relation to the location sponsorship activities.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and security in respect of all records, in particular children biography, sponsors data and other sensitive information.
- Facilitate and handles visiting sponsors as well as preparing news briefs, updates for the visitors
- Ensure to reviews and uploads all the necessary information from registration form with pictures to the sponsorship software for registration of newly admitted children to the sponsorship program.
- Performs other related and complementary activities that will be assigned by the immediate supervisor provided that they do not deviate the co-worker’s attention from the fundamental sponsorship work.
4) Data Protection
At all times ensures that personal data of donors, sponsors, SOS CV beneficiaries and their families as well as SOS co-workers is handled confidentially and in accordance with prevailing SOS-Kinderdorf International data protection laws.
- Must have degree in Communication from a recognized university.
- Degree/Diploma in social science is an added advantage
- Photography & videography skills (including video editing) is an added advantage.
- Excellent computer literacy.
- At least two years of professional experience in related field of communication for humanitarian actors is added advantage.
- Previous working experience of with the with Children & Youth is needed.
- Creative report writing and storytelling
- Excellent communication skills & report writing.
- Good coordination ability.
- Photography and videography skills.
- Computer skills & Database
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understands his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 24th October, 2021
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1723 total views, 8 today