STATISTICAL PACKAGE FOR SOCIAL SCIENTISTS (SPSS) TRAINING (INCLASS AND ONLINE THROUGH ZOOM) – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Education
- Post date:9 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 2 days
- Share job:
STATISTICAL PACKAGE FOR SOCIAL SCIENTISTS (SPSS) TRAINING (INCLASS AND ONLINE THROUGH ZOOM)
OUR VISION STATEMENT
QRTC is established to offer the best research and training service and aspires to be a leading institution in manpower empowerment through continuous quality capacity development trainings.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To deliver capacity building programs for the labor force with the aim of maximizing their chances of achieving their career aspirations.
ABOUT THE CENTER
The Qaran Research and Training Center is a professional institution created to support research and quality practical trainings that improve the employability of the workforce in Somaliland and other resource-limited settings across the greater of Horn of Africa. We achieve this through designing and implementing innovative and well-informed trainings; ranging from M and E, Project management, HR and logistics and Research processes. We aspire to reduce high unemployment in the region through high quality mentoring, rigorous interventions and strong collaborations.
Currently, we are offering professional short courses which are great eye-opened opportunity for wide range of audience including NGO staff, government officials and unemployed persons and fresh graduates willing to advance their sought-after skills or looking decent and deserved jobs. As part of this programme, our Data Analysis Training using SPSS – which is first of its kind in Somaliland-were scheduled to kick off in the first week of January in 2021.Around 400 trainees have already benefited from our previous various trainings both in class and online classes (about of these 20% females). Some of these former trainees have landed decent jobs at INGOs due to knowledge and skills gained from our trainings. Please see below the complete training outlines.
This Data collection and Analysis course complements QRTC’s Monitoring, Accountability, Evaluation and Learning course. Humanitarian and development workers will be introduced to the fundamentals of quantitative data collection and analysis, including sample survey design, interviewing and associated techniques for analysis in support of project-based monitoring and evaluation. This course will be helpful for those with modest experience in monitoring and evaluation and fresh university graduates who are willing to advance his/her soft skills so that they can easily settle for decent and deserved jobs. Participants are encouraged to come to the course with an instrument and/or associated protocols for analysis that can be developed. This should be viewed as an advanced course on data analysis and will address Relationship between Two Different Quantitative Variables and Multivariate Analysis using correlation and regression analysis. The course is entirely hands-on and uses SPSS
WHO WILL FACILITATE THE TRAINING?
The course facilitator has around 9 consecutive years of Monitoring and Evaluation, Data analysis and Research experience at different organizations including Save the Children International, World Vision International, Health Poverty Action (formerly known as Health Unlimited) and Caritas Switzerland and Luxemburg among others. His primary area of focus revolves around: development and implementation of the project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) systems; taking the lead on the compilation and analysis of program data and learning; designing and conducting research; Setting-up and implementing accountability mechanism. In addition to his hands-on experience on this field, he is the only known well-versed practitioner in Somali speaking countries pursuing his final dissertation on Master’s Degree Programme in Monitoring and Evaluation at Mount Kenya University. He also did his Bachelor of degree in Statistics and Mathematics with distinction at University of Hargeisa
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE?
This is a general training targeting variety of programme management staff, government officials, middle-level managers, policy makers and project officers working in different settings. This training also is a great eye-opened opportunity for unemployed and fresh graduates who are willing to advance his/her soft skills so that they can easily settle for decent and deserved jobs.
THE TRAINING DURATION
This is month-long training with 3 full hours of 100% practical sessions for each day with following details: Course registration deadline is on 15th January 2021 and course training dates are between 16th of January and 18th of February 2021 for offline class. The online classes will take one full week starting from 16 where trainees will lectures video recorded, assignments including data sets and live sessions through zoom
The training will enable participants to:
- Develop an understanding of the basic principles in data field work management
- Develop skills required for Analysing quantitative data (descriptive statistics)
- Fully equip yourself with versatile data analysis software: SPSS
- Familiarize yourself with quantitative research methods and survey design
- Equip participants with an understanding of the data entry templates and best practices involved in data, data analysis and data usage
- Provide participants effective rules of thumb and a framework to do advanced data analysis techniques-regression analysis
- Provide training participants with basic Report writing skills on utilizing key performance indicators in the project log frames.
DETAILED TRAINING CONTENTS:
Module one: Data Field Work Management
- Introduction to sampling methods: simple random, stratified and cluster
- Introduction to nonprobability sampling methods(quota, purposeful sampling and snowballing sampling)
- Introduction to cross-sectional sample-based household surveys
- Questionnaires construction(actual facts, actions, behavioral and attitude sections)
- Data collection field work Management
- Quality control mechanism put in place during field work
- Utilization of Mobile data collection platforms (Kobo collect) and ODK in the field.
Module two: Demystifying SPSS Data Entry and Data Analysis
- Introduction to SPSS software uses
- Software installation
- Understanding basic function of :data view and variable view(variables and records)
- Create great data entry template on SPSS with strong focus on coding and scale of measurement
- Familiarize yourself with data, syntax and outputs features
Module three: SPSS Data Analysis Using Basics
- Running Frequency counts
- Running Descriptive statistics such mean, percentage and standard deviations)
- Presentation of data with support of Graphs, tables and Charts
- Split files and select cases to do specific data analysis for sub-groups
Module four: Advanced inferential data analysis
- Doing inferential statistics using one variable : One- sample-t- tests and confidence intervals and two –sample-test- tests, paired samples-t-tests
- Analysis of variance(one way and two ANOVA)
- Doing inferential statistics using more than two variables: correlation and regression analysis(simple and multiple)
COURSES APPLICATION PROCESS (ENTRY REQUIREMENTS)
- In case you need further details about course or any else, kindly feel free to reach us at or +252633499969/ or whatup text.
- We record video lectures of courses which are intended to online trainees in Somalia (Muqdisho, Garowe, Kismayo, Baido and many more others) plus live sessions throught zoom.
- The offline class will be held in our Hargeisa Training Hall( North of -Hayat Diagnostic center, Near Idam School)
- Pay the course fee which is only 20 dollars covering all training related costs
- Training participants should take their laptop computers with them during training sessions
- Payment modes: deposit at Zaad Edahab 0633499969 or Dahabshil account HRG 32342 before course deadline.
- A group of three persons who will be attending a same course at time will have a discount of 17%.
- Course registration deadline is on 16th of January 2021 and the learning will take three days for offline class while online classes will take one full week starting from 16th.
- Follow throught this link to get register:https://ee.kobotoolbox.org/x/gLlDKeTy
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
444 total views, 8 today