Supply Chain and Logistics Course -Burao,Togdheer, Somaliland
- Job category: Education
- Post date:25 Oct 2020
- Share job:
Horn Excellence Consulting Firm was established as an auditing and consulting company with the expectation of rapid expansion in the country. The mission of Horn Excellence Consulting Firm is to provide fast and reliable services in auditing and consulting to Small, Medium and Large Businesses, Authorities, Public Organizations and INGOs by implementing practical solutions for its clients’ diverse needs. Furthermore, the firm provides professional trainings to individuals committed to build their careers and broaden their horizons.
Our services include but not limited to:
- Auditing and investigation
- Setting up ERP systems
- Setting up store management systems
- Start up planning
- Business planning and development
- Professional and corporate staff trainings
- Timely delivery
- Respect and integrity
Course Title: Supply Chain and Logistics Course
We are conducting the most highly comprehensive and promising five-day Supply chain and logistics course in Burao for the first time to our clients, which are The businesses, LNGOs, INGOs, Governmental institutions and individuals seeking to build their career. we are pledging that this course is worth the effort in terms of money and time and what you will gain is reasonably justified. We are again highly encouraging you to book your seats before the course deadline expire, which is on Oct 31th, 2020. 12 noon. Hurry up! It is almost approaching.
- You would learn what is Supply Chain & Logistics is about with current jobs demand in private, public and humanitarian sectors.
- Personal development in humanitarian logistics and working one of the reputable organizations
- Helping your organization (if working) work towards independence in humanitarian logistics
- Development of relationships and support networks with other INGOs and local partners
Over time, the profession of supply chain management has evolved to meet the changing needs of the global supply chain. Supply chain and Logistics is an integral part of project planning, and therefore management of this functional area should be considered in terms of the whole project. Supply and Logistics activities should be managed in conjunction with programme activities and the different phases.
In other words, you can consider logistics activities as the operational component of supply chain management, including quantification, procurement, inventory management, transportation and fleet management, and data collection and reporting. Supply chain management includes the logistics activities plus the coordination and collaboration of staff, levels, and functions.
The programme has three key stages:
- Stage 1: Online and distance learning activities, including e-learning modules, questionnaires and offline activities (total of 8 hours 31th Oct ,2020)
- Stage 2: Five-day face-to-face training workshop (31th Oct to 4th Nov,2020 in Daalo Hotel Burao)
There would be assessment to be done on an ongoing basis during the course duration. You will be given opportunities to practice your logistics skills throughout the face-to-face workshops, and through ongoing support activities. Your knowledge will be assessed by an online assessment at the end of the curriculum.
Expected Deliverables (Learning Outcomes of the Training)
- Discover the new minimum required logistics standards for both NGOs & INGO and how your organization can achieve them.
- Practice putting the logistics standards into action in scenarios and simulations in the training room.
- Have the opportunity to build learning networks with other participant working in your region and beyond
- Be prepared to share your learning with others in your organization
- Be familiar with current Supply Chain work in place.
Contents to be Covered
Over the three key stages, you will cover the following content:
Stage 1: Online
What the supply chain & logistics project is all about by referring the following sub objectives.
- Procurement course
- Warehousing course
- Fleet Management course
- Asset Management course
- Cross cutting Standards
Supply Chain & Logistics Standards for Humanitarian Organization
Stage 2: Face-to-Face
- Logistics standards in detail (procurement, warehousing, fleet management, distribution and asset management) with the bellow details
- Putting the logistics standards into action through group-work and scenarios
- Learn from the experiences of others
Stage 3: Ongoing Sustainment Activities
- Tips and support on putting the standards into practice in your organization
- Working with a buddy
- Ongoing coaching
Course Pre requisites
Complete the application form to apply for your place on the training.
If your application is successful, you will receive a welcome email with details on:
- How to access online materials
- Activities to undertake in preparation for the face-to-face workshops
- Where and when the face-to-face workshops will take place
We look forward to receiving your application. The deadline for applications is 31th Oct 2020, 12noon.
Shuaib Mohamed is a Senior Supply Chain & Logistics professional with extensive experience and worked different INGOs. He is highly skilled in Complex logistics in humanitarian contexts, planning procurement, warehousing, delivery management, fleet management, distribution, contract negotiation and process improvement. In addition, He has completed different certified Supply Chain & Logistics professional courses/trainings including but not limited to HELM (Humanitarian Essential Modules), advanced Certificate in CIPS (Charted Institute of Procurement & Supply), TOT PARCEL (Partner Capacity Enhancement in Logistics) and so many others. He has also a great facilitation skills, communication, networking etc.
Course Fee: $60 inclusive of evening breaks, Stationeries, Workbook, Papers & Certificates
Venue: Daalo Hotel,Burao,Togdheer
Office Site: Between Dahabshil Bank International (DBI) and Madina Mosque
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
970 total views, 4 today