Supply Chain Assistant – Baidoa
- Job category: Logistics/Supply Chain
- Post date:24 Mar 2020
- Job expires in: 3 days
- Share job:
The following provides guidance on development of role profiles. This guidance should be used when completing the template. (Please use font Gill Sans MT size 11)
|TITLE: Supply chain assistant|
|GRADE: 5||CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year|
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING: (select only one)
Level 5: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
|ROLE PURPOSE:The supply chain assistant is responsible for providing all warehousing, procurement, transportation supportrequested by the programs, office as well as handling documents and filing.|
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: ( supply chain officer)
Staff reporting to this post:None
(delete where its not applicable)
Role Dimensions: ( Remote and challenging environment with regular coordination with stakeholders)
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Assist to receive lower threshold procurement requests from different sections and prepare purchase plans with a view of ensuring cost effectiveness, timely procurement and quality of goods.
· Receive quarterly procurement plans from the program managers and implement as per order.
· Ensure procurement procedures are carried out in line with Save the Children policy and the Minimum Standards of procurement.
· Ensure donor procurement policies, guidelines and specific requirements are strictly met.
· Timely organization of bid opening and ensure to finalize minutes of the bid/ committee consensus on time.
· Coordinate with program me colleagues on the procurement requests submitted and ensure their finalization on timely manner.
· Ensure to meeting supply chain reporting requirement on monthly basis on 1st of every month
· Ensure supplier invoices are collected timely for payment facilitation.
· Support the supply chain officer in the solicitation of process of RFQS/ RFP in line with SCI procurement policy.
· Responsible for supplier mapping and quarterly market price update to ensure market dynamic is met.
· Responsible for contract management of completed procurement for release/ renewals.
· Responsible for filing and archiving of procurement files neatly as per SCI filing system.
Warehouse and Stocks Management
· To be responsible for the stores management and implementation of systems- Total inventory (TIM) management in data entry for all project stock when received and release from the system for any corresponding release requested.
· Monitor office stock levels and advise on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet project demands.
· Ensure appropriate packing and loading of materials for dispatch and supervise material loading, and unloading.
· Track and confirm delivery of stock to their final destination.
· Update and maintain stock levels by periodically reporting medical supplies at least 6 months before expiry.
· Responsible for ensuring each item is stored in the appropriate manner, is easy to access and has an updated stock card /Bin Card including minimum reorder level.
· Maintain a complete filing system to include all documentation e.g. GRNS, inventories, waybills, packing lists, distribution reports etc.
· Ensure that any incoming items match the waybill, LPO and advise the LO of any exceptions and to issue Goods Received Notes (GRN’s) for any items received.
· Ensure the stores kept in a good condition, locked, are clean, and tidy all the time.
· Check into the temperature requirement of the medical supplies and ensure all the medicine confirm to the required specific temperature requirement.
· Weekly reporting of the medical stock for updating the status of what stock balance is available, the nature and condition.
· Plan medicines and supplies management activities to complement and coordinate with project activities.
· Ensure the proper labelling and storage of drugs and supplies in the warehouse and make sure that drugs are used before their expiry dates.
· Keep safety stock of essential drugs for emergency use.
· Calculate/compile the monthly consumption of drugs and submit to logistics officer timely.
· Put a system in place to minimize wastage of drugs and supplies.
· Ensure that program supplies are available in a timely manner.
· Comply with all policies and regulations related to safety, cleanliness and infection control in the warehouse.
Carry out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Transportation & Freight
· Arrange for transportation of goods and equipment’s between offices or to field sites and ensure that the goods are securely packaged and loaded to prevent damage during transportation.
· Compile accurate documentation relating to the movement of items between locations, whether as a transfer or for distribution.
· Liaise with program teams on medical supplies delivery by ensuring that distribution plan schedule is objective with availability of approved documentations for release.
· Ensure release and receipt of stock is coordinated and communicated properly by updating the concerned departments/ stakeholders.
· Advice on the local transportation means with the intent of ensuring security of the stock is monitored and assured.
· Update records of any release/ receipt and timely sharing of release documentation.
Ø Endure fleet data is accurate and filed properly on monthly basis.
Ø Supervise the fleet usage and ensure to implement an efficient way of vehicle utilization processes.
Ø Train drivers on child safeguarding, SCI driver’s manual for compliance on policies and procedures.
Ø Support the supply chain officer in vehicle allocation and usage among SCI programme departments/ staff.
Ø Monitor fleet contracts and advice contract end dates timely.
|BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice) (Section should not consist of Competencies as this are the standard Values in practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
· honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
§ Bachelor of Business administration/ supply chain management
§ Procurement certification is mandatory
§ CIPS is an added advantage
|EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
§ Essential: Previous experience of managing a similar work.
§ Minimum 2 years proven work experience in procurement within a busy working environment such as UN/ INGOs
§ Good English language command.
§ Good computer and writing skills.
§ Desireable: Knowledge for the work environmrnt and stakeholders.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description,
Or Please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs or you can apply directly using the link below:
Application Deadline: The Advert closes on 04-April- 2020
|Additional job responsibilities
As instructed by supervisor
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
|Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2071 total views, 11 today