Supply Chain Assistant-Warehouse Management – Burao, Somaliland
- Job category: Logistics/Supply Chain
- Post date:9 Feb 2021
- Share job:
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world’s largest independent child rights organization. From emergency relief to long-term development, Save the Children secures a child’s right to health, education and protection. Save the
Children is an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. We are looking to recruit for this position to be based in Burao
Position: Supply Chain Assistant-Warehouse Management
Duration: 10 Months
Duty Station: Burao
Please refer the below Job Description for the position description and the key selection criteria.
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and mandatory cover letter quoting the Job Title on the subject line. The file name of the CV and attachments must be the applicants name and sent
to URL Link:
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications close on Tuesday 23rd February 2021 @ 11:59pm.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will therefore be required.
|Supply Chain Assistant-Warehouse Management – Somaliland|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Supply Chain & Logistics, Somaliland||LOCATION: Burao|
|GRADE: 5||POST TYPE: National|
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
The Supply Chain Assistant is a member of the Logistics team, and is responsible for warehousing of all materials, implementing all the procedures set for documentation, movement of goods, arrangements of stores, asset management and safety of goods in the warehouse
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Supply Chain and Logistics Officer
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 6 regions in Somaliland with a current staff complement of approximately 250 staff and current expenditure of approximately GBP 30 million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Receive all incoming medical supplies; inspect and verify for conformity to order specifications and delivery notes
· Act as custodian and controller for all the medical items in Save the Children warehouse(s) in Burao.
· Identification of medical supplies on receipt and dispatch
· Responsible for Burao office asset management
· Record all goods received are recorded in standard Save the Children templates [GRN] goods received note
· Ensure appropriate packing and loading of medical supplies for dispatch and supervise material loading and unloading
· Assign storage locations for all goods received and ensure that they are handled as per Save the Children procedures of safety, security, accountability and transparency
· Record all goods dispatched by Save the Children in the standard templates
· Ensure that all store transaction paper works are kept files as per SC filing system
· Issue/distribute materials, products, parts and supplies to field staff, based on Save the Children standard requisition procedures
· Supervise and train field storekeepers and conduct relevant trainings where possible.
· Undertake field visits to remove medical stores for proper field level supply management.
· Ensure the proper labelling and storage of drugs and supplies in the warehouse and make sure that drugs are used before their expiry dates
· Conduct monthly and quarterly stock physical counts.
· Ensure to produce monthly and biweekly stores reports and share with respective program team teams.
· Secure Waybill letters/Donation certifications for medical and nutrition supplies from the relevant regional authorities.
· Faciality movement of medical and nutrition supplies from Area office to field offices.
· Follow up with staff to ensure that goods do not stay for long periods in the stores, and recommend disposal of excess, expired, defective or obsolete stock
· Carry out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by the immediate supervise.
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency
| QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum Diploma in Stores Management/ Pharmacology /Medical Diploma or related field
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience Medical Stock Management and Logistics with UN/ INGOs/LNGOs or Drug Companies.
· Proficiency in using computer applications
· Good written and spoken English and Somali
· Computer literate
· Willing to work extra odd hours.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2724 total views, 6 today