Supply Chain Manager – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: SUPPLY CHAIN
- Post date:12 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 3 days
- Share job:
Supply Chain Manager Job Announcement
|Title||Supply Chain Manager|
|Purpose||Manage the entire process in the planning of procurement and supply chain activities|
|Location||Mogadishu with frequent travel in all regions of South and Central Somalia|
|Reporting to||Head of Operation Department|
Somtel connects the people that keep Somalia on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Somalia, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fiber optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Operation Department, the Supply Chain Manager will take a leadership role in executing effective and efficient procurement and supply chain services in Somtel Somalia ensuring values and competencies in maintaining transparency, integrity and compliance with established rules and regulations.
- Manage the entire process in the planning of procurement and supply chain activities, inventory control, logistics and distribution, ensuring effectively functioning processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities
- Ensure effective lines of communication between departments and the procurement team to ensure priority requirements, timely delivery of goods, works and services using the most appropriate procurement procedures
- Be responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardizing quality and service delivery
- Manage relationships with vendors, suppliers and contractors that facilitate smooth flow of services to Somtel Somalia.
- Manage and monitor all transactional procurement including tendering processes, evaluation, contracting, contract management, legal considerations and payment conditions, contractors, performance evaluation and risk assessment
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress reports as required
- Facilitate customs clearance of imported supplies, materials, equipment and/or vehicles for all assets held by Somtel Somalia
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in supply chain or related disciplines
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling Somtel Somalia’s values and ethical standards
- Good understanding of the business, operational environment and its clients
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to persuade and influence others
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules
- Fluency in both writing and speaking of English language
Interested candidates are kindly requested to get in touch with our Human Resource Office.
Please contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Application deadline is January 20, 2021
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
886 total views, 1 today