Supply chain Officer – Baidoa Office
- Job category: Logistics/Supply Chain
- Post date:10 Jan 2020
- Share job:
|Supply chain Officer – Baidoa Office|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Logistic team, CSS||LOCATION: Baidoa|
|GRADE: Grade 4||POST TYPE: National|
Level 4 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
The logistics Officer is responsible for providing all procurement support requested by the programs, office as well as handling documents and filing.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Area Supply chain coordinator
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 4 regions in Somalia with a current staff complement of approximately 450 staff and current expenditure of approximately GBP 30 million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post: 2 Logistics Assistants
Internal: All staff of SC in CSS and other field offices
External: Suppliers, Service providers, Government authorities.
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Ø Responsible for the transportations of the supplies between SCI Baidoawarehouses and supported health centres and transport to SCI supported or any supported locations/offices on timely manner.
Ø Communicate and coordinate with the field logistics team on possible airlifting of supplies from Mogadishu to Baidoa field office and keep track of all records.
Ø Ensure that procurement tracking is current and updated.
Ø Ensure timely and accurate logistic reporting (KPIs, Procurement tracker etc) to the supply chain manager.
Ø Continuously assess the market for new procurement opportunities.
Ø Ensure contracts for the service providers are monitored objectively for termination/ renewal
Ø Ensure timely preparations of support documents for supplier payment is done.
Ø Assist in developing, monitoring and review of procurement plans.
Ø Ensure supplier data base is updated
Ø Ensure proper filing system is maintained in the office.
Warehouse and Stocks Management
· To be responsible for the stores management and implementation of systems.
· Ensure appropriate packing and loading of materials for dispatch and supervise material loading, and unloading.
· Track and confirm delivery of stock to their final destination.
· Responsible for ensuring each item is stored in the appropriate manner, is easy to access and has an updated stock card /Bin Card including minimum reorder level.
· Maintain a complete filing system to include all documentation e.g. GRNS, inventories, waybills, packing lists, distribution reports etc.
· Ensure that any incoming items match the waybill, LPO and advise the LO of any exceptions and to issue Goods Received Notes (GRN’s) for any items received.
· Comply with all policies and regulations related to safety, cleanliness and infection control in the warehouse.
· Carry out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Transportation & Freight
· Arrange for transportation of goods and equipment’s between offices or to field sites and ensure that the goods are securely packaged and loaded to prevent damage during transportation.
· Compile accurate documentation relating to the movement of items between locations, whether as a transfer or for distribution.
· Ensure release and receipt of stock is coordinated and communicated properly by updating the concerned departments/ stakeholders.
· Update records of any release/ receipt and timely sharing of release documentation
Ø Endure fleet data is accurate and filed properly on monthly basis.
Ø Supervise the fleet usage and ensure to implement an efficient way of vehicle utilization processes.
Ø Train drivers on child safeguarding, SCI driver’s manual for compliance on policies and procedures.
Ø Support the fleet in charge in vehicle allocation and usage among SCI programme departments/ staff.
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
§ Bachelor of Business administration/ supply chain management
§ Previous experience of managing a similar work.
§ Minimum 3 years proven work experience in procurement within a busy working environment such as private company or INGOs
§ Good English language command.
§ Good computer and writing skills.
§ Good communication and interpersonal skills.
§ High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
§ Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY:
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
|CODE OF CONDUCT
Because Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Interested candidates are required to submit electronic CV and mandatory cover letter quoting the Job Title on the subject line. The file name of the CV and attachments must be the applicants name
Applications will close on 18thJanuary 2020
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1908 total views, 5 today