Supply Chain Officer – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Logistics/Supply Chain
- Post date:15 Oct 2020
- Job expires in: 3 days
- Share job:
Position Title: Supply Chain Officer
Duty Station: Mogadishu, Somalia
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 27 October 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM atwww.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), and the direct supervision of the Head of Resource Management (HRM), and in close coordination with Programme Managers, Resource Management Officers (RMOs), Country Procurement Officers and Global Procurement and Supply Unit (GPSU) the successful candidate will be responsible and
accountable for all supply chain activities for the IOM Country Mission and Offices (CMOs) Somalia, measured by IOM Procurement and Supply Chain Key Performance Indicators:
• Best Value Sourcing and Value for Money
• Availability and Quality
• Compliance and Stewardship
• Productivity and Efficiency
At IOM the procurement and supply chain activities are guided by the principles of:
• Best value for money
• Accountability, integrity and transparency
• Fairness and effective competition
• Best interest of IOM.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Manage the supply chain activities of IOM Somalia and provide first-line support, guidance and training in the country with respect to IOM’s policies, financial rules and regulations, and procedures relating to supply chain matters.
- Monitor implementation of appropriate supply chain management processes, procedure and solutions, ensuring a solid internal control system in for the field and country offices within Somalia.
- Advise HRM on risk management of supply chain activities and processes in the Country Mission and Offices (CMOs), in coordination with RMOs, Programme and Procurement Officers.
- Follow up with country offices to ensure timely submission of necessary assets and delivery reports and documentations to relevant units or departments in Headquarters (HQs), Manila Administrative Centre (MAC) and Panama Administrative Centre (PAC), as appropriate.
- Advise and monitor all supply chain tasks and activities; including budgeting, scheduling, provision of materials and equipment’s needed by the CMOs in the country. Prepare regular progress reports, statistical information and briefing materials as required.
- Revise and coordinate the implementation of strategic supply chain management including planning, logistics arrangements, custom clearance, quality controls, warehouse management, and evaluation process to ensure availability of the supply is on time, in quality and at cost, to address the needs of the operations in the country.
- Monitor and coordinate the preparation and implementation of permanent instructions for warehouse operations and asset administration that are compliant to IOM’s general instructions, policies and procedures within the country (IN168, IOM Warehouse Manual, and International Public Sector Accounting. Standards (IPSAS).
- Monitor the organization and maintenance of systems and procedures for supply chain management of supplies, equipment, services needed by the CMOs within the country.
- Develop and implement appropriate internal control mechanisms to safeguard organization’s assets. Ensure that insurances are in place.
- Identify supply chain bottlenecks (value stream mapping) and propose ways to improve and ensure proper distribution mechanisms are in place for CMO’s.
- Work with the Programme Managers and Procurement teams in field missions and provide support in preparing and issuing call for proposals and bidding documents for the tendering processes of the projects. Ensure that supply chain requirements are well incorporated in the tendering process.
- In close coordination with the Head of Resources Management and RMOs ensure that the reporting and auditing requirements of all the CMOs’ supply chain management programmes are observed and followed.
- Provide guidance to CMOs to implement supply performance management systems to contract tracking and administration systems to ensure proper tracking and monitoring of vendor contract agreements, in coordination with Procurement and GPSU. Provide support in drafting contracts agreements, including Long Term Agreements (LTAs), and ensure that supply chain requirements are reflected in the site-level-agreements (LEAs).
- Lead and implement supply chain initiatives and projects in the country, in accordance with the Division’s framework.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Logistics, Business Administration/Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Certification in Procurement, Logistics or Supply Chain management is an advantage.
• Experience in managing diverse procurement, supply chain and logistics operations;
• Demonstrated experience in training and managing large teams of co-workers, managing vendors and suppliers.
• Excellent level of computer literacy and good knowledge of SAP/PRISM required;
• Proficient in computer MS Office;
• Extensive knowledge of IOM or UN internal procurement and financial rules and corresponding
ERP components (preferably SAP-based).
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Somali, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 27 October 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDA1MDU2ODUxQzdDMUVEQjgzQkU1NDI0QTk4OTAwRUYmY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-wd-configid=ZHRRCF_A_POSTING_APPLY&sap-theme=sap_corbu&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN#
From 14.10.2020 to 27.10.2020
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2020 218 Supply Chain Officer (P3) Mogadishu, Somalia (56670073) Released
Posting: Posting NC56670074 (56670074) Released
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2079 total views, 30 today