Supply Chain Officer – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: SUPPLY CHAIN
- Post date:14 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 24 days
- Share job:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
Muslim Aid is a registered Islamic faith-based, international non-profit organisation which was established in the UK in 1985. It is a registered charity with the Charity Commission of England and Wales (Charity Registration No: 1176462). The mission and purpose of Muslim Aid is to serve humanity and relieve poverty, through its education, livelihoods, and health development projects, whilst also aiming to respond to emergencies. Muslim Aid Somalia is seeking Supply Chain Officer.
Summary of Role:
The Supply Chain officer is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of supply chain activities and plans to support program implementation. Supply chain planning includes procurement plans, warehousing plans, transport plans, staffing plans, distribution plans and training plans.
About the Role: The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- The Supply Chain Officer oversees the set up / closing and/or regular running of the base including management of logistics team (logistics, procurement, warehousing staff, drivers, and guards) and security of the base as well as coordination with administration, HR, and program staff on the base level. The Supply Chain Officer ensures that MUSLIM Aid Logistic procedures and respective donor regulations applicable to projects implemented on the base are closely followed.
- The Supply Chain officer ensures all program procurement needs and plans are met on time in accordance with MAS and donors’ standards.
About You: To be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Postgraduate degree in supplies chain management and logistics.
- Minimum one year experience in a similar role
- Possess proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why you should apply:
If you are self-motivated, with the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy this role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Supply Chain Officer to be able to manage information and reporting processes and products to ensure professional, high-quality communication.
You will be joining a supportive, highly skilled, passionate organisation as a specialist in your field. Muslim Aid offer a 35-hour week, flexible working and encourage a healthy work-life balance.
Interested and qualified applicants can view the profile and apply for this position through: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
With subject line as application for the position of Supply Chain Officer – Somalia
Closing Date will be 9thFebruary 2021
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, faith, or disability
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1457 total views, 4 today