Support Coordinator (National Position)
- Job category: Coordinator
- Post date:30 Sep 2019
- Share job:
Support Coordinator (National Position)
Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia the Support Coordinator is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is present in five regions in Ethiopia, providing refugees and internally displaced people with emergency relief and help them to rebuild their lives. NRC works within the sectors of Education, Shelter, WASH, Livelihood and Food Security, ICLA (Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance), and Child Protection.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Support Coordinator is to manage and increase the effectiveness, efficiency and capacity of the support functions in the area. The Support Coordinator is a member of the Area Management Team.
- Implement effective, efficient and transparent HR, administration and logistics systems that support the delivery of the Country Strategic Plan and individual projects at area level;
· Ensure adherence to NRC’s logistics, ICT, HR & Admin policies and procedures in all processes and projects and by all staff;
· Manage Logistics, HR and Admin Officers in the area and follow up day to day operations of the support functions;
· Ensure that key program staff in the area are trained on support functions policies and procedures;
· Responsible for the improvement and consolidation of the support functions in area;
· Participate and contribute to program meetings and provide up-to-date analysis of achievement of procurement and staffing plans and other support in relation to the projects implemented in the area;
· Use the performance management system to support direct reports, follow up on performance and ensure effective staff development for those functions reporting to position
· Provide monthly and ad hoc reports on the support functions to the Area Manager, Logs/HR Managers and Head of Support Unit (HoS)
· Ensure compliance with donor regulations according to funding for the area
· Implement internal processes and employee and learning objectives and initiatives set out in the annual Plan of Action, at area level;
· Ensure Logistics, HR and Administration function input is provided at project development stage, with the development of procurement and staffing plans to support the implementation of new projects in the area;
· Provide input for improvements/updates to existing policies and procedures and recommendations for new guidance and SOPs.
- Support to programme and finance teams to prepare for audits.
- Organize weekly meetings with the Area support team
- Elaborate monthly reports to Area Manager
- Ensure NRC procurement software is properly used by all relevant staff
Generic professional competencies:
· BA in Supply Chain/Logistics & Procurement Management, Business Management or equivalent
· Previous experience/understanding of working in complex and volatile contexts.
· Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in operations with team management experience.
· Minimum 2 years Logistics Management experience
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
· Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
· Very good communication, negotiation and presentation skills
· Controlling resources and managing teams
· Report writing and computer skills
· Proven skills in designing and implementing trainings and development plans for teams
· Managing resources to optimise results
· Handling insecure environments
· Communicating with impact and respect
· Planning and delivering results
· Empowering and building trust
Managing performance and development
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees through www.webcruiter.nrc.no (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by October 11, 2019.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as NRC offers attractive salary and benefit with on-the-job training opportunities!”
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1931 total views, 1 today