TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING (TVET) TECHNICAL ADVISOR – Galmudug State- Somalia
- Job category: Education
- Post date:2 Jun 2021
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
JOD DESCRIPTION: – TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING (TVET) TECHNICAL ADVISOR
DUTY STATION: Galmudug State- Somalia
REPORTING TO: CPD TVET Project Manager
The TVET Technical Advisor has the overall responsibility of providing technical guidance, support and advise to CPD’s TVET project in Galkayo South district titled: “Promotion of employment of former pastoral women, men and youth”. He/she will closely work with CPD TVET project team led by the Project Manager and cultivate working relationship with the Galmudug State’s Ministry of Education and all other critical sector stakeholders in the region.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The TVET Technical Advisor will assume the following specific roles and responsibilities: –
- Provide technical and advisory support to Galmudug’s Ministry of Education and all other TVET stakeholders in developing the State’s TVET Framework which is one of the key outcomes of the project.
- Study and analyze any impediments that may hinder the promotion and advocacy towards female technical vocational development and improved job opportunities for women and female youth.
- Provide technical input and Somali context perspectives in the development of the TVET curriculum and training modules to be used by the TVET trainers.
- Support CPD TVET project team in the selection, identification and enrollment of 220 pastoralist drop-outs (women, men, female and male youth) to be trained in 3-4 TVET courses in Galkayo South district ensuring that the neediest persons get this training opportunity. In consultation with the project team, develop a trainees’ selection criteria.
- Carryout periodic assessment on the project’s TVET Center in Galkayo and the contracted private practical training centers to determine their safety and risks including use protective gears in the practical training sessions, gender friendliness and its operational management and advise CPD project team on areas that need improvement.
- Periodically assess and monitor the attendance of trainees in the TVET training centers (both theoretical and practical training) with special focus on female trainees and the syllabus coverage by trainers and advise CPD project team on areas that need improvement.
- Provide technical support and advice to the CPD project team, TVET Trainers and the Ministry of Education in the examination of TVET trainees, accreditation and certification.
- In close coordination with the CPD TVET Project Manager and the M&E team, ensure that the project makes progress towards the outputs and thus towards meeting the intended objective as stated in the project proposal.
- Facilitate the process of monitoring and documentation of achievements and learning of the project together with CPD M&E team
- Support the establishment of the Galmudug TVET Working Group with the stewardship of the State’s Ministry of Education.
- With the help of CPD’s TVET project team, facilitate the coordination and information sharing within the Working Group while ensuring the documentation of best practices, lessons learnt and experiences of the TVET actors in the Working Group.
- Provide technical advice and inputs to any publications, position papers, plans and any other documents generated by the TVET Working Group.
- Advise the TVET Working Group chair and co-chair on how best to increase the participation of female participants in the Working Group’s meetings and workshops to ensure women interests and perspectives are factored in the sector strategy development.
- Advise and recommend appropriate measures that the members of the Working Group including traditional and religious leaders can employ in the promotion and advocating for female technical development in Galmudug State.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Technical Education or any other related field.
- At least six years of relevant experience in planning, managing, coordinating and supervising Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) programs in Somalia.
- Experience of working in politically unstable situations and knowledge of Somalia, its culture and political background.
- Conceptual understanding and practical experience of TVET Frameworks/Policies, linking TVET with employment opportunities and livelihood development.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills, including experience in designing TVET Frameworks, monitoring and evaluation of frameworks.
- Knowledge of gender dynamics and analysis in the Somalia context.
- Ability and interest to travel within the project areas in Galmudug State.
- Ability to liaise with various stakeholders from private and public sector.
- Readiness to fully comply with CPD/DKH policies and procedures.
- Team building skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written Somali and English
- Proficiency in basic computer applications.
HOW TO APPLY
Suitable candidates (preferably female) are encouraged to send their application made up of a cover letter and updated resume with 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before June 16, 2021.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1416 total views, 48 today