Technical assistant – Cash Management for Office of Accountant General – Mogadishu
- Job category: Technical Affairs
- Post date:4 Feb 2020
- Share job:
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF SOMALIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Country: Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
Name of the Project: Somalia Capacity Advancement, Livelihood and Entrepreneurship, through Digital Uplift Project (SCALED-UP),
Assignment Title: Technical assistant – Cash Managementfor Office of Accountant General
Project ID: P168115
Deadline Date: February 14,2020
Ref No. MoF/SCALED-UP/EOI/2019/0021
The Ministry of Finance of the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) through World Bank supported Somalia Capacity Enhancement, Livelihoods and Entrepreneurship, through Digital Uplift Program (SCALED-UP). The overarching Project Development Objective (PDO) for this project is to “support progress toward increased access to basic digital financial and government services targeting entrepreneurship and employment, particularly for women.”
The main objective for recruiting the Technical Assistant (Consultant) is to provide technical support to the Cash Management function of the Office of the Accountant General (OAG) and thereby bridge the existing capacity gaps to enable the OAG to perform more efficiently and effectively in delivering on the Accountant General’s legal and operational mandate. Through this process, the OAG also expects to build the required capacity of the Government mainstream staff through close counterpart arrangements with the consultant.
- Responsibilities: The TA – Cash Management shall provide “hands- on” technical support to the Cash Management Unit (CMU) to ensure efficient management of government cash resources to meet commitments in time. This shall involve cash flow management based on annual budget, consolidating revenue and expenditure of MDA’s in order to provide cash projections and facilitate reporting to the cash management committee through the Accountant General, which include but not limited to:
- Provide technical support in advancing cash management reforms
- Provide technical support to develop and maintain consolidated rolling cash forecasts covering all bank accounts included in the TSA framework. This shall involve supporting the CMU in forecasting daily cash flows from the TSA and Government needs: and matching budget to cash and commitment forecast
All other specific tasks detailed inin the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment that can be found at the following website: www.mof.gov.soand link https://mof.gov.so/publication/tor-technical-assistant-cash-management-office-acountant-generalor can be provided upon submission of application in person or by e-mail. The email address is: email@example.com
- Duration:The proposed duration for the assignment is twelve (12) calendar months from start date.
- Selection Criteria:
The selection shall be based on qualification, experience and skills of the candidate and followed by an interview. The qualifications, experience and competencies include:
- A minimum of 1st Degree in a business-related discipline from a recognized University e.g A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting;
- Professional Accounting Qualification e.g ACCA, CPA, CIPFA, or CIMA is a must;
- Specialist training in treasury and cash management will be of added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
5.The Ministry of Ministry of Financenow invites eligible consulting (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing theabove-mentioned Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and furnish the Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- 6. Attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018(“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- 7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
8.Interested Consultant may obtain further information (in person or by e-mail) at the address below during office hours from 8.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday except on public holidays.
- Deadline for submission:Expressions of interest should be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by e-mail) marked with the subject titleof the position by February14,2020 at 4.00 p.m. local Time.
Attention; the Procurement Specialist
SCALED UP Project
Ministry of Finance
Federal Government of Somalia
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
943 total views, 1 today