Technical assistant – Database Administratorfor Office of Accountant General – Mogadishu
- Job category: Technical Affairs
- Post date:4 Feb 2020
- Job expires in: 3 days
- Share job:
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF SOMALIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Country: Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
Name of the Project: Somalia Capacity Advancement, Livelihood and Entrepreneurship, through Digital Uplift Project (SCALED-UP),
Assignment Title: Technical assistant – Database Administratorfor Office of Accountant General
Project ID: P168115
Deadline Date: February 19,2020
Ref No. MoF/SCALED-UP/EOI/2020/0008
The Ministry of Finance of the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) through World Bank supported Somalia Capacity Enhancement, Livelihoods and Entrepreneurship, through Digital Uplift Program (SCALED-UP). The overarching Project Development Objective (PDO) for this project is to “support progress toward increased access to basic digital financial and government services targeting entrepreneurship and employment, particularly for women.”
It is the desire of the Government, under the SCALED – UP project, to sustain and consolidate efforts in implementing the Somali Financial Management Information System (SFMIS) that were started in 2014, so as to improve the Government financial management practices by maximizing the SFMIS program-wide impact. Accordingly, the government intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant to payments for the recruitment of local IT professionals for the expansion and maintenance of the SFMIS in a more sustainable manner.
- Responsibilities: The Database Administrator shall be responsible for activities of Database Administration, Network and system administration and Business Intelligence and Analytics:
- Installing, Maintain and upgrading the database server and application tools
- Creating primary Database objects and storage structures after application developers
- Modifying the data base structure as necessary from information given by application developers
- Monitor and manage database backups, logs, and journals together with systematic data restoration and/or recovery procedures as required
- Work closely with system developers on various design, development, documentation and testing activities
All other specific tasks detailed inin the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment that can be found at the following website: www.mof.gov.soand link https://www.mof.gov.so/publication/terms-reference-recruitment-three-sfmis-local-it-staff-office-accountant-general-oagor can be provided upon submission of application in person or by e-mail. The email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duration:The proposed duration for the assignment is twelve (12) calendar months from start date.
- Selection Criteria:
The selection shall be based on qualification, experience and skills of the candidate and followed by an interview. The qualifications, experience and competencies include:
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Business Administration. Specialized Database Administration training and qualifications for common large RDBMSs e.g. Oracle, SQL are a must;
- Experience of a minimum of 7 years directly related to the duties and responsibilities as specified is essential;
- Possession of relevant Post – graduate qualification;
5.The Ministry of Ministry of Financenow invites eligible consulting (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing theabove-mentioned Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and furnish the Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- 6. Attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018(“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- 7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
8.Interested Consultant may obtain further information (in person or by e-mail) at the address below during office hours from 8.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday except on public holidays.
- Deadline for submission:Expressions of interest should be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by e-mail) marked with the subject titleof the position by February19,2020 at 4.00 p.m. local Time.
Attention; the Procurement Specialist
SCALED UP Project
Ministry of Finance
Federal Government of Somalia
Email Address: email@example.com
CC this e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
751 total views, 10 today