Technical assistant – Internal controls and compliance for Office of Accountant General
- Job category: Technical Affairs
- Post date:4 Feb 2020
- Share job:
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF SOMALIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Country: Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
Name of the Project: Somalia Capacity Advancement, Livelihood and Entrepreneurship, through Digital Uplift Project (SCALED-UP),
Assignment Title: Technical assistant – Internal controls and compliance for Office of Accountant General
Project ID: P168115
Deadline Date: February 14,2020
Ref No. MoF/SCALED-UP/EOI/2020/0002
The Ministry of Finance of the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) through World Bank supported Somalia Capacity Enhancement, Livelihoods and Entrepreneurship, through Digital Uplift Program (SCALED-UP). The overarching Project Development Objective (PDO) for this project is to “support progress toward increased access to basic digital financial and government services targeting entrepreneurship and employment, particularly for women.”
The main objective for recruiting the Technical Assistant (Consultant) is to provide technical support to the Internal Control & Compliance function of the Office of the Accountant General (OAG) and thereby bridge the existing capacity gaps to enable the OAG to perform more efficiently and effectively in delivering on the Accountant General’s legal and operational mandate. Through this process, the OAG also expects to build the required capacity of the Government mainstream staff through close counterpart arrangements with the consultant.
- Responsibilities: The TA – Internal Control and Compliance shall provide “hands- on” technical support to the Internal Control and Compliance Advisory function to assist the Accountant General to fulfil his or her mandate of ensuring that adequate accountability is provided for the collection, safeguard and usage of public funds and resources, which include but not limited to:
- Provide technical support in reviewing the application and ensure compliance with all legislative provisions (PFM Act, PFM regulations, COPM, APM, etc.) to ensure effective financial and cash management of public funds. This shall include evaluating the accounting and financial management systems throughout the Federal Government on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with the PFM Act, Regulations and Financial and Accounting Procedures
- Provide technical support in carrying out Inspections (Monitoring) on various programs
All other specific tasks detailed inin the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment that can be found at the following website: www.mof.gov.soand link https://mof.gov.so/publication/tor-technical-assistant-cash-management-office-acountant-generalor can be provided upon submission of application in person or by e-mail. The email address is: email@example.com
- Duration:The proposed duration for the assignment is twelve (12) calendar months from start date.
- Selection Criteria:
The selection shall be based on qualification, experience and skills of the candidate and followed by an interview. The qualifications, experience and competencies include:
- A minimum of 1st Degree in a business-related discipline from a recognized University e.g A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting;
- Professional Internal Audit/Accounting Qualification e.g CIA, ACCA, CPA, CIPFA, or CIMA is a must;
- Possession of CISA is a must.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
5.The Ministry of Ministry of Financenow invites eligible consulting (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing theabove-mentioned Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and furnish the Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- 6. Attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018(“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- 7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
8.Interested Consultant may obtain further information (in person or by e-mail) at the address below during office hours from 8.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday except on public holidays.
- Deadline for submission:Expressions of interest should be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by e-mail) marked with the subject titleof the position by February14,2020 at 4.00 p.m. local Time.
Attention; the Procurement Specialist
SCALED UP Project
Ministry of Finance
Federal Government of Somalia
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copy this e-mail: email@example.com
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
796 total views, 2 today