Technical assistant – Public Sector Accounts and Reporting for Office of Accountant General – Mogadishu
- Job category: Technical Affairs
- Post date:4 Feb 2020
- Share job:
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF SOMALIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Country: Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
Name of the Project: Somalia Capacity Advancement, Livelihood and Entrepreneurship, through Digital Uplift Project (SCALED-UP),
Assignment Title: Technical assistant – Public Sector Accounts and Reporting for Office of Accountant General
Project ID: P168115
Deadline Date: February 14 ,2020
Ref No. MoF/SCALED-UP/EOI/2020/0005
The Ministry of Finance of the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) through World Bank supported Somalia Capacity Enhancement, Livelihoods and Entrepreneurship, through Digital Uplift Program (SCALED-UP). The overarching Project Development Objective (PDO) for this project is to “support progress toward increased access to basic digital financial and government services targeting entrepreneurship and employment, particularly for women.”
The main objective for recruiting the Technical Assistant (Consultant) is to provide technical support to the Public Sector Accounts and Reporting function of the Office of the Accountant General (OAG) and thereby bridge the existing capacity gaps to enable the OAG to perform more efficiently and effectively in delivering on the Accountant General’s legal and operational mandate. Through this process, the OAG also expects to build the required capacity of the Government mainstream staff through close counterpart arrangements with the consultant.
- Responsibilities: The TA – Public Sector Accounts and reporting shall provide “hands- on” technical support to the accounting and reporting function to assist the Accountant General in the preparation of the consolidated accounts for the FGS and submission of all financial reports as specified under the reporting framework and in compliance with IFRS, IPSAS and GFSM standards:
- Provide technical support in carrying out Inspections (Monitoring) on various programs Provide technical support to prepare monthly and quarterly in-year financial reports for submission to the Accountant General; These may include;
- detailed revenue and expenditure of the National Budget by an appropriation and the summary table;
- outstanding commitments of the National Budget in comparison with appropriations and allotments;
- a list of new and outstanding domestic and external public debt and guarantees of the Federal Government;
- stock of arrears of the National Budget.
All other specific tasks detailed inin the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment that can be found at the following website: www.mof.gov.soand link https://www.mof.gov.so/sites/default/files/2020-01/5.%20ToR%20for%20the%20recruitment%20of%20a%20Technical%20assistant%20%20-%20Public%20Sector%20Accounts%20and%20Reporting.pdf
or can be provided upon submission of application in person or by e-mail. The email address is: email@example.com
- Duration:The proposed duration for the assignment is twelve (12) calendar months from start date.
- Selection Criteria:
The selection shall be based on qualification, experience and skills of the candidate and followed by an interview. The qualifications, experience and competencies include:
- Aminimum of 1st Degree in a business-related discipline from a recognized University e.g. A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting;
- Professional Accounting Qualification e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIPFA, or CIMA is a must;
- Specialist training in IPSAS and GFS will be of utmost advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
5.The Ministry of Ministry of Financenow invites eligible consulting (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing theabove-mentioned Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and furnish the Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- 6. Attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018(“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- 7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
8.Interested Consultant may obtain further information (in person or by e-mail) at the address below during office hours from 8.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday except on public holidays.
- Deadline for submission:Expressions of interest should be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by e-mail) marked with the subject titleof the position by February14,2020 at 4.00 p.m. local Time.
Attention; the Procurement Specialist
SCALED UP Project
Ministry of Finance
Federal Government of Somalia
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
554 total views, 2 today