Technical assistant – Treasury and Payroll Managementfor Office of Accountant General – Mogadishu
- Job category: Technical Affairs
- Post date:4 Feb 2020
- Share job:
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF SOMALIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Country: Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
Name of the Project: Somalia Capacity Advancement, Livelihood and Entrepreneurship, through Digital Uplift Project (SCALED-UP),
Assignment Title: Technical assistant – Treasury and Payroll Managementfor Office of Accountant General
Project ID: P168115
Deadline Date: February 14,2020
Ref No. MoF/SCALED-UP/EOI/2019/0020
The Ministry of Finance of the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) through World Bank supported Somalia Capacity Enhancement, Livelihoods and Entrepreneurship, through Digital Uplift Program (SCALED-UP). The overarching Project Development Objective (PDO) for this project is to “support progress toward increased access to basic digital financial and government services targeting entrepreneurship and employment, particularly for women.”
- Responsibilities: The Technical assistant (TA) for the Treasury and payroll management shall provide “hands-on” support in performing the Treasury activities relating to the receipt, custody and disbursement of public monies as may be required by circumstances of public financial business. The TA shall provide technical support for the proper management of the Government payroll and also to ensure proper accounting of Government income and expenditure through effective use of systems in undertaking all Government transactions including the generation of financial reports for the Treasury Accounts. The technical support shall entail
, which include but not limited to:
- Management of the payment cycle and safeguarding the financial records including checking and validation of the federal government payments
- Effective supervision of the timely and accurate collections of all revenue and inflows of the Government, their safe custody and subsequent deposits into the TSA and proper accounting for all transactions including the preparation of the Treasury Accounts
All other specific tasks detailed inin the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment that can be found at the following website: www.mof.gov.soand link https://mof.gov.so/publication/tor-technical-assistant-treasury-and-payroll-managementor can be provided upon submission of application in person or by e-mail. The email address is: email@example.com
- Duration:The proposed duration for the assignment is twelve (12) calendar months from start date.
- Selection Criteria:
The selection shall be based on qualification, experience and skills of the candidate and followed by an interview. The qualifications, experience and competencies include:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent qualification) in accounting, business administration or finance;
- training in planning and management; and
- Professional Accounting qualification is a must.
- At least 7 years working experience, with at least 3 years post qualification which must be in a management/senior advisory position doing related work in Treasury and payroll management.
5.The Ministry of Ministry of Financenow invites eligible consulting (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing theabove-mentioned Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and furnish the Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- 6. Attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018(“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- 7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
8.Interested Consultant may obtain further information (in person or by e-mail) at the address below during office hours from 8.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday except on public holidays.
- Deadline for submission:Expressions of interest should be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by e-mail) marked with the subject titleof the position by February14,2020 at 4.00 p.m. local Time.
Attention; the Procurement Specialist
SCALED UP Project
Ministry of Finance
Federal Government of Somalia
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1671 total views, 11 today