Technician Base & Facilities Officer – Hargeisa & Regions, Somaliland
- Job category: Technician Affairs
- Post date:13 Oct 2021
- Share job:
JOB Vacancy Re-Announcement
SOMALILANDER NATIONALITIES ONLY
MSF – SOMALILAND
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and demands full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Since January 2019, MSF is supporting the National Tuberculosis Program in Somaliland and started to work in Hargeisa TB Hospital, specifically in the Drug Resistance Tuberculosis centre and supporting 3 Regional Hospitals in Tuberculosis.
The aim is to reduce the morbidity, mortality and burden of TB and more specifically MDR-TB with below objectives:
o To improve the quality of DR-TB diagnosis in MSF supported facilities (Hargeisa DR-TB hospital and Regional TB centres (Boroma, Berbera and Burco)
o To improve Infection Prevention and Control in Hargeisa TB hospital and the Regional TB centres supported by MSF (Boroma, Berbera and Burco)
o To improve MDR-TB patient care and treatment Outcomes of Hargeisa MDR-TB centre cohort
o To increase DR-TB case finding using different models to increase access to TB screening and diagnosis
For DR-TB project in Somaliland, MSF is looking for:
BASE AND FACILITY OFFICER
Workplace : Hargeisa & Regions
Type of contract : Open Ended Contract with Three-month probation
Start date : As soon as possible
Main purpose of the position
Carrying out all maintenance, Electrical, Water and Sanitation (Plumbing work) and logistics related maintenance works in the hospital, office and MSF guest houses [ consumption of supplies, local infrastructure, assisting on delegated works on stock management, custom clearance and Movement follow up ] according to MSF protocols and standards in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions.
The person requires to do the technical maintenance, repairing, arrangement work independently and to report to his direct supervisor.
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply (Plumbing), electrical work, ceiling, technical repairing/maintenance of furniture’s etc. and security conditions in the sense of making inspection visit to assess the rehabilitation need of facilities.
- Perform the maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, biomed, ACs, dispenser, washing machine etc.
- Checking the maintenance of the various open space (Garden, courtyard) and ensuring that domestic waste is collected
- Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips if needed, and ensuring implementation of security measures Tracking consumption of supplies used in different facilities office, guest house, hospital for his/her maintenance, repairing work related.
- Ensuring smooth running of administration and procedures related to his/her activities
- Report to Log Supervisor in case specific activities must be performed in the facilities [ hospital, office and guest house.
- Participating in Trainings related to his/her technical work (electricity, water & sanitation, carpentry, biomedical/cold chain equipment’s at the request of line manager.
- Performing delegated tasks according to his/her specialty and as specified in his/her job description.
|Education||Essential secondary education|
|Desirable||Working experience in NGO as TECHNICAIN (ELECTRICITY, PLUMBING, CARPENTRY, MAINTENANCE) works|
|Languages||English and Somali essential|
|Competencies||• Results and Quality Orientation
• Teamwork and Coopération
• Béhavioral Flexibility
• Commitment to MSF Principles
• Stress Management
This job description may be amended in line with the activities or evolution of the Mission.
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their,
- Cover letter in English
- CV in English
- Somaliland national ID
to firstname.lastname@example.org and no later than (October 26th 2021) at 05:00pm.
Please mention position title clearly in the subject line of your email EXAMPLE: TECHNICIAN BASE FACILITY OFFICER
Applications with missing above require documents and position title in subject line will not be considered. Only the selected candidates after screening will be called for Written test.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3150 total views, 22 today