Teller – (2 Position) – Garowe, Puntland, Somalia
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:5 May 2022
- Share job:
IBS Bank is a sharia compliant commercial bank licensed by the Central Bank of Somalia. The Bank’s mission is to be a trans-formative financial solutions provider for a better society, and has a vision to be the leading and innovative international Islamic Financial Institution (IFI). As a peoples’ bank, it positions itself as an attractive place to work in.
Teller-Garowe (Two Position)
IBS Bank is looking to fill the position of two Tellers.
Bank tellers are responsible for providing exceptional customer service including efficient and accurate transaction processing. Bank tellers hold the front line job in a bank as they are the employees that customers generally see and interact with first. It is a key banking position and requires application of proper customer service skills and proper knowledge of procedures
The role reports to Branch Operation Manager.
Job type: Full time
Teller Duties and responsibilities of the job
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained, acts with integrity and protect the image of the Bank.
- Receive and count working cash at beginning of shift from vault custodian and makes correct closing reconciliations.
- Receives, counts and accepts cash and cheques for deposit and check accuracy of deposit slip
- Helps customers fill out deposit and withdrawal slips.
- Use fake currency note detector and counting machine on all the cash transactions.
- Disburse money to customers and count it for him/her in a visible position.
- Validate the deposit slips and processes in the system.
- Verify the withdrawals’ identification and take clear photo copy of ID and biometric data before transaction processes. For large amounts carry out the AML instructions and confirm from the originator of the cheques in case it is not for self.
- Processes Cash withdrawal after ensuring that, customer signature is verified through the system.
- Greet people warmly, be friendly and firm as well as helpful and direct them to appropriate bank personnel in case they need other services.
- Serve customers within the specified speed to save on their time.
- Collect loan and utility payments.
- Promote bank products and refer customers to the personal bankers maintaining a record of the references.
- Collect and record competitor and customer needs information as well as customer experience both challenging and delightful for sharing with the teams.
- Capture all transaction properly in the system as per bank policy.
- Report suspicious activity to your direct supervisor immediately without causing suspicion and in a warm and friendly manner.
- Perform cash closing processes at the end of the day.
- Resolve issues and problems with customer’s accounts within your mandate and exceeding the customer’s expectation beyond the call of duty.
- Perform other duties or responsibilities as may be required from time to time.
EDUCATION/ PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Degree or above in Business Administration, Finance or related disciplines
- At least 2 years with business, banking experience.
- Sufficient knowledge of modern management techniques and best practices
- Ability to meet sales targets and production goals
- Familiarity with industry’s rules and regulations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Results driven and customer focused
- Leadership and human resources management skills.
Other Personal skills
Suitable candidates will be expected to display the following qualities:
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Organization and time-management skills
- Ability to assess, identify and evaluate risk, plus establish cause and prescribe and enforce solutions
- Excellent reporting skills
- The ability to keep calm under pressure, especially when there are tight deadlines and in difficult situations
- The ability to think objectively
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written is a must.
How t0 Apply
If you believe you meet the above specifications, send your application letter and curriculum vitae mentioning your current/last work with copies of your credentials before 31/05/2022 to: email@example.com
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
568 total views, 1 today