Temporary Data Registrar (2 Positions) – Mogadishu (1 Kahda and 1 Heliwa), Somalia
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:29 Apr 2021
- Share job:
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia currently works in five regions; Banadir Regions (almost all districts), Bay, Bakol and Lower Shabelle in Southwest State, Middle Shabelle in HirShabelle State.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Job Title: Temporary Data Registrar (2 Positions)
Report to: OTP Nutrition Nurse
Location: Mogadishu (1 Kahda and 1 Heliwa)
The Data registrars will be responsible for registering all children and pregnant and lactating mothers receiving the nutrition services by recording their anthropometric measures, and all information of the admitted children and pregnant and lactating mothers who are eligible for the program. The Data registrar is expected to provide a high standard of promoting optimum health and preventive health care, thereby contributing to a safe, efficient, and effective service to patients.
Key Areas of accountabilities:
- Checking anthropometric measures, MUAC, and oedema and cases to appropriate structure.
- Record properly all screening results and write daily, weekly, monthly reports.
- Explain the purpose of admission for the patients and caregivers
- Fill out and maintain the OTP/TSFP registers
- Identify absentees or defaulters and inform the outreach workers.
- Assist to a feeding time to observe the child and caretaker in their environment and provide appropriate guidance to the nutrition site workers
- Receive the patients admitted, together with those accompanying them, and give them information on how the centre functions.
- Update all the discharges in the registry and the follow-up book ;
- Give the patient or the person accompanying him the treatment card, a food ration, and an appointment for the follow-up.
- To carry out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by the Supervisor.
- Record in the screening book all beneficiaries screened, and refer them to the appropriate structure using a referral ticket.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Secondary certificate, Nutrition training certificate, or related field
- Experience in a similar role or any data management position
- Sound knowledge of nutrition programming through either education or relevant work experience in nutrition.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, spreadsheets)
- Excellent understanding of the local context and able to maintain good working relationships with team members.
- Strong communication skill both writing and verbal
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Good critical thinking skills, organized
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management skills
- To work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment, respecting diversity.
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating with the subject line of the position.
The closing date is 5th May 2021.
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
——- FOLLOW US — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1281 total views, 37 today