Temporary English Teacher
- Job category: Education
- Post date:23 Sep 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir and Bay Regions, we expending our services to Bakool Region
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below One position Temporary English Teacher.
Job Title: Temporary English Teacher (Position)
Location: (Position Mogadishu-Somalia)
The overall objective of the teacher is to enhance the students’ skills in English instruction. It is expected that the class training will produce the desired transformational change in the teaching of English language in its different levels Specific objectives include:
- Develop teacher training module with a focus hands-on activities for teaching English as well as practical activities for teaching English
- Conduct refresher training before completions of assigned date on teaching/learning approaches for the subjects indicated.
Report to: Nursing School Principal
Key Area of responsibility:
- Teach SOS Community nursing school students basic English language and communication skills
- Teach English language sentences so as to create foundation for everything leaners will learn in this program
- Teach English language pronunciation especially for English language different sounds
- Teach leaners parts of speech
- Teach leaners how adjectives modify nouns
- Teach leaners that adverbs modify verbs, adjectives and others
- Teach tenses and articles
- Provide verbal and written instructions
- Provide diversity modes of learning such as use of speaking, writing, reading and listening. Encourage leaners to speak only English language in the class room
- Teach how to practise common phrases
- Teach the process of academic writing
- Teach basic medical terminology
- Monitor leaners progress constantly 2 JD English Teacher & Math
The teacher is expected to deliver the following outputs for this assignment:
- Conduct pre- assessment evaluation to assess the different levels of the learners and prepare report.
- Development of a participatory teaching training modules containing resource materials and methodology for the delivery of the training.(curriculum)
- Conduct a 5-day class in English on the content developed.
- Prepare and submit comprehensive monthly report of the overall achievement of the teaching, challenges to school administration.
Approach and Methodology
The approach of the teaching should be based on principles of adult learning and employ a variety of effective teaching methodologies including demonstration, role plays, case studies, practical work, brainstorming sessions and small group discussions, plenary discussions and presentations. The teaching should be interactive and participatory.
The Teaching duration will be for a maximum of four months effective from date of signing of the contract. Possibly extension depending on learner’s performance and budget availability
Profile of the Teacher
- Qualification: Bachelor degree in English literacy from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Extensive experience in teacher training especially in English and has teaching methods and subject content with teaching experience with practical lessons in schools or university. Extensive experience of delivering similar training and developing training manuals for teachers in Somalia at least for 2 years
- Has TOT training certificate.
- Show teacher trainings conducted particularly for teachers in Somalia in this English
- Excellent facilitation and report writing skills in English language.
- Familiarity with the Somali context and education sector in particula
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 27th September 2019.
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2631 total views, 11 today