Temporary FSL Community Mobilizers (2 positions) – Kismayo
- Job category: Food & Beverage Affairs
- Post date:6 Feb 2020
- Share job:
Temporary FSL Community Mobilizers (2 positions)-Kismayo– Somali Nationals Only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The main function of the Community Mobilizers is to directly work with communities (IDPs) to implement emergency FSL interventions in Kismayo including Unconditional Cash transfer and Income Generating Activities (IGAs). The community mobilizers will manage data collection activities in IDP camps, community level mobilization activities, implementing beneficiary targeting protocols
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary school leaving certificate with 3 years of experience or Diploma or degree in social science with at least 1 year experience.
- Prior experience in working in Southern states.
- Prior experience in Emergency food security project is desirable.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Computer skills, with focus on word processing and excel.
- Strong morals including, honesty, transparency, generosity, altruism and respect.
- Experience in working in harsh environment would be an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a team.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Applications will be closed on 15th February 2020.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1769 total views, 1 today