Temporary History and Geography teacher – Heliwa, Mogadishu
- Job category: Education
- Post date:10 Mar 2020
- Job expires in: Expired
- Share job:
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 135 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir and Bay/Bakool Regoins.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position of Temporary History and Geography Teacher
Job Title: Temporary History and Geography teacher
Location: Heliwa, Mogadishu
The School Teacher greatly contributes to the intellectual, spiritual, moral and physical development of the young children assigned to her class. She thereby plays a critical part in preparing them for future life and independence. In this task, creative teaching methods must be employed to stimulate the child’s natural desire to learn and grow. Special attention must be provided to SOS children, who often lack strong educational support in their home environment
Report to: Principle head
Key Area of responsibility:
- Maintains a positive degree of discipline inside and outside the classroom in order to create a safe, secure and appropriate environment for learning.
- Promotes a warm, supportive, non-threatening ethos in which the child finds learning enjoyable and stimulating, and in which respect and cooperation are emphasized.
- Conducts academic support programmes such as holiday classes, remedial classes and individual tutoring to meet the educational needs of each leaner.
- Provides individual attention to each child, monitoring their educational progress and taking appropriate corrective action as necessary
- Develops and implements homework programmes which may include project work, extra reading or other assignments.
- Prepares progress reports for each child as required by the Principal, detailing the child’s academic progress as well as overall development.
- Supervises extra-mural activities such as organized sports, clubs and academic competitions
- Performs administrative or other extra duties as required by the Principal, such as store keeping, producing the school magazine or organizing school events etc.
- Maintains all furniture and equipment within the classroom in good order.
- Behaves in an exemplary manner at all times acting as a role model for the leaners
- Prepares teacher professional documents and outlines in accordance with the curriculum guidelines or requirements of the school.
- Teaches lessons and facilitates or supervises a variety of non-academic activities which may include art, crafts, storytelling, sports, nature walks etc. Ensures all necessary preparations are made prior to each lessons
- Arranges cultural activities to educate leaners in local culture and custom
Involves leaners in the operations
Qualification & Experience
- Must have a bachelor degree in education from recognized university with teaching subjects of History and Geography
- Must have taught the 2 teaching subjects in Somalia secondary schools
- Must be able to communicate in English language
- Must have teaching experience of at least two(2) years
- Must be able to use ICT for teaching
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
- Must be acquainted with Somalia education curriculum and the general country education system
- Knowledge of child growth and development
- Have keen personal interest in the Teaching professional
- Must have knowledge of class management skills and problem solving kills
- Leadership skills will be an added advantage
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understands his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email email@example.com
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 22nd March,2020
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1518 total views, 7 today