TENDER NOTICE FOR PROCUREMENT OF HEAVY-DUTY PRINTING PRESS –
TENDER NOTICE FOR PROCUREMENT OF HEAVY-DUTY PRINTING PRESS
CARE in Somalia (CARE Somalia) is an international NGO working in Somalia. CARE Somalia and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, through its strategic goal to reduce poverty by empowering women, enhancing access to resources and services, and improving governance.
The Waxbarashadu Waa Iftiin III (Education is Light III) project is a 3 year EU-funded initiative being implemented by a consortium comprising of CARE International (lead agency) and Save the Children in close coordination, support, and guidance of the Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MoE&HE) of the Puntland State of Somalia. The overall objective is to improve the educational attainment and the employability of relevant target groups, contributing to poverty reduction within an increasingly peaceful, secure and democratic Somalia Whilst the specific objective is consolidated and expanded, equitable and inclusive quality education, and vocational training opportunities for Somali children, youth and adults.
With funding support from the EU; CARE International in Somalia, Garowe Office in close coordination with the Ministry of Education and Higher Education(MoE&HE) is hereby inviting all interested eligible bidders with capacity to supply/deliver high quality heavy printing press for the Ministry of Education and Higher Education of Puntland State of Somalia. The machine will be used for printing of educational materials: textbooks, examination papers for all subjects, brochures, charts, ID cards, maps, teaching aid materials and calendars.
- One brand new heavy duty a 2 size offset printer 4 color offset printing machine
- Use A2 size paper and print more than 7000 pages per hour
- System capacity to staple together papers
- High resolution printing up to 300 lpi @ 2540 dpi
- Waterless press design offers superior color range and definition
- Fast job changeovers increase press utilization
- Low heat UV system saves on energy costs
- Print on a wide range of offset stocks
- With LED-UV, easily print on plastics, vinyl, paper and board
- Cost effective, user friendly and can with stand tropical heat and dust.
- Optimal solution for short and medium run lengths
- Environmentally friendly – low VOC emissions
Other specific requirements
The supplier will be required to:
- deliver and install the printing press at the MoE&HE Offices in Garowe City, Puntland State; test and train MoE&HE technical staff
- provide on-line technical assistance related to technical problem of the machine including trouble shooting, repairs and maintenance of the machine
- provide accessories related to the normal functioning of the machine. This includes the initial startup heavy duty machine tonner/ink and additional set of toner/ink supplies/accessories.
Bidders should note that the rules on nationality and origin, as per the European Development Fund Rules on Participation in Procurement Procedures and Grants will apply.
Bidders are required to submit sealed bids for the execution and completion of the cited Contract in one sealed envelope, marked “TENDER FOR PROCUREMENT OF HEAVY-DUTY PRINTING PRESS” with the following warning sign “Not to be Opened Before Bid Opening Date and in the Presence of the Bidding Committee” to the tender box at CARE Somalia offices in Garowe or via email to Som.firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 1600 Hours East Africa Time, on 16th March 2021. The subject of email must be clearly labelled “TENDER FOR PROCUREMENT OF HEAVY-DUTY PRINTING PRESS”. Any inquiries for clarification can be send to email@example.com.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
645 total views, 43 today