Term of Reference (ToR) for Project Final Evaluation Enhancing Holistic Approach in Combating FGM/C in Somaliland through behavioral change legislation and involvement of new actor’s project
- Job category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Post date:12 Oct 2021
- Share job:
Term of Reference (ToR) for Project Final Evaluation
Enhancing Holistic Approach in Combating FGM/C in Somaliland through behavioral change legislation and involvement of new actor’s project
March 2017 – February 2022
Funded by KinderNotHilfe (KNH)
The term of references specify the details for the final project evaluation of the above mentioned project implemented by the Network against FGM/C in Somaliland (NAFIS) in all regions of Somaliland and financed by the Kindernothilfe (KNH). The evaluation will focus on the assessment of the implemented activities and whether the activities lead to the achievement of the planned results as well as to the project objectives. As a result of this evaluation, recommendations from the evaluator are expected in order to improve the quality of future projects and baseline for the coming project.
NAFIS is Implementing Enhancing holistic approach in combating FGM/C in Somaliland through behavioral change, legislation and involvement of new actor’s projectfunding by KNH, the project goal was ending the practice of female genital mutilation in Somaliland through standardized concerted efforts of all members of the society. The target of the project are, Parliament, policy makers from line ministries, media houses, youth, circumcisers, NAFIS members and none NAFIS organizations. Project duration is March 2017 up to February 2022.
The main components of this project are:
- To create critical mass against FGC by mobilizing 80% of the already mapped non-NAFIS members organizations, youth groups country wide, and institutions of learning at secondary and tertiary levels including institutions for medical personnel.
- To consolidate linkages and engagement of state (line ministries and parliament) and non-state (NGOs, CSOs and private sector) actors for the approval of the anti- FGC policy without alteration of the language –Zero Tolerance to FGC by end of the project.
- To engage the executive and legislators bodies to protect the rights of girls and women by enacting the anti-FGM law.
- To strengthen the capacity of NAFIS and member organizations to effectively implement the FGM/C projects.
- Identification of new actors and build their capacity to accelerate the efforts to end FGM
Expected outcomes of the project:
- Civil society organizations agreed zero tolerance position on FGM/C and supported effort that’s legitimizing the call for end of FGM/C practices.
- Established 6 youth forums and empowered youth group forums as strong change agents on FGM/C.
- Integrating FGM/C education component into the secondary schools, universities and nursing schools curriculum and mainstreamed tool of FGM/C into learning institutions.
- Enhanced community knowledge that FGM/Cis violating the rights of women from the Islamic perspectives and changed the community attitudes towards FGM/C practices. Purpose and Scope of this project evaluation assignment:
The aim of this evaluation assignment is to determine the relevance and fulfillment of objectives, effectiveness of the activities, impact and sustainability of the project. The evaluation should provide information that is credible and useful.
Focus of the Evaluation
The final report should provide conclusions and recommendations on the following questions:
- Effectiveness: To which degree did the activities meet the objectives and results set out in the project (as outlined in the logical framework)?
- Matching needs: Did the project/activities supported to reach project goals?
- Relevance: Was the project designed in a way that is relevant to reach its goals?
- Efficiency: Was the project run in an efficient way?
- Sustainability: Are the results achieved so far sustainable?
- Methodology of the evaluation:
The consultancy should be carried on the basis of a desk study and a field visit. The desk study should cover the following documents:
- Review of the project documents
- Key informative interviews with key stakeholders (Anti-FGC line ministries and their regional offices, civil society organizations, teachers, media) ,
- FGDs with 6 youth forums established by the project
- Timing, duration and expected deliverables:
The duration of the evaluation assignment will start on October 25 up to13th November 2021 for a duration of 20 working days.
The expected deliverables are:
- Desk review and submission of inception report
- Inception meeting with the evaluation team
- Data collection
- Data analysis and submission of draft evaluation report
- Submission of the final report
- Qualifications of the consultant
- University degree in relevant field
- Extensive work experience in FGM/C
- Minimum 5 years of experience in conducting researches, surveys, evaluation ofdevelopment programs
- Fluent in English, excellence in reporting and presenting skills
- Fluent in a native language
- How to apply
Applicants should send their CVs with application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20 October, 2021. Please mention “Evaluation Consultant” on your email subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NAFIS Network is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are in particularly encouraged to apply.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
650 total views, 3 today