Terms of reference Finance Specialist in Ministry of Energy &Water Resources (MoEWR) – Somalia
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:12 Jan 2020
- Share job:
|Ministry of Energy &Water Resources (MoEWR)|
Terms of reference
Finance Specialist in Ministry of Energy &Water Resources (MoEWR)
The Federal Government of Somalia
|A. Project Background and Objectives
The Ministry of Energy and water Resources is implementing the Support for Integrated Water Resources Management to ensure Water Access and Disaster Reduction for Somalia’s Agro-Pastoralists Project, funded by Global Environmental Facility (GEF) on behalf of Ministry of Energy and Water Resources, Federal Government of Somalia.
The Integrated Water Resources Management project addresses Somalia’s first priority identified in its NAPA (2013): the need to build the climate resilience of agro-pastoralists while simultaneously increasing investment into sustainable water management.
The Integrated Water Resources Management Project is to ensure water access and disaster reduction for Somalia’s Agro-pastoralists.
Project objective is to re-force technical and operational capacities at federal, state and local levels to manage water resources sustainably to build the climate resilience ofagro-pastoralists in Somalia. The Project components are as fellow:
➢ Water resource management policies establishing clear national and district responsibilities
➢ Transfer of technologies for enhanced climate risk monitoring and reporting on water resources in drought and flood prone areas
➢ Improved water management and livelihood diversification for pastoralists.
The Ministry of Energy and Water Resources in consultation with UNDP will be responsible for the management and coordination of the project with exception of Somaliland. The project will be monitored by Project Steering Committee (PSC) comprising the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources (FMS), Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Education, Ministry Livestock and Range, Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation, Ministry of Women and Gender to ensure alignment will comply with FGS, UNDP, and GEF coordination policies.
For this background on behalf of the Ministry of Energy and Water Resource and UNDP is seeking a qualified candidate for Financial Specialist
|B. KEY RESULT EXPECTED
One Financial and Administrative assistant will report to National Project Coordinator and will contract by the UNDP Somalia CO. His/her responsibilities will be to:
· Set up and maintain project files and accounting systems whilst ensuring compatibility with Somalian and UNDP financial accounting procedures.
· Prepare budget revisions of the project budgets and assist in the preparation of the annual work plans.
· Process payments requests for settlement purposes including quarterly advances to the implementing partners upon joint review.
· Update financial plans; prepare status reports, progress reports and other financial reports.
· Undertake project financial closure formalities including submission of terminal reports, transfer and disposal of equipment, processing of semi-final revisions, and support professional staff in preparing the terminal assessment reports.\
· Assist in the timely issuance of contracts and assurance of other eligible entitlements of the project personnel, experts, and consultants by preparing annual recruitment plans.
· Collect and maintain project related information data and establish document control procedures.
· Administer Project Board meetings.
· Administer project revision control.
· Compile, copy and distribute all project reports.
· Provide support in the use of Atlas for monitoring and reporting.
|C. CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
The Financewill fully be accountable and report to the National Project Coordinator in Ministry of energy and water resources federal government of Somalia
|D. ADMIN SECRETARY QUALIFICATIONS
The candidate should have the following desired qualifications and experience:
· A Degree in Business or Public Administrations, Law, Engineering, Accounting and Financial Management, and/or related fields.
· A minimum of 4 year professional experience in Finance related function.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Strong orientation and knowledge in establishing baseline measurements for results
· Knowledge and understanding of NGOs policies, government policies, regulations and practices
· Fluency in oral and written Somali and English
· Readiness to work in multi-cultural and fast – paced environment meeting tight deadlines
· Reputable person with good ethical and moral character
E. Procedure for Applying
a) Interested experts who have the qualification to do the job are encouraged to submit the following document: An up-dated and recent C.V. and Cover letter addressing the selection criteria above
The closing date for receiving applications is 20 January 2020.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1287 total views, 1 today