Terms of Reference For Production of video documentary, photographs and collection of human interest stories in Somalia.
- Job category: Media Production/Drama
- Post date:10 Oct 2020
- Share job:
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Content Plan: Emergecy food security project (EFSP) in Puntland– Communication / Visibility Content Gathering
Donor: BHA formerly knows us OFDA and FFP
Date: 10th Oct. 2020
Title: Production of video documentary, photographs and collection of human interest stories in Somalia.
FFP project is targeting Dangorayo and Eyl districts in Nugal region, Qardho, Banderbayla and Iskushuban districts in Bari region with target number of 4420HHs. The project objective is to improve HH food security through increased access to food, ultimately increasing HH dietary diversity as well as reduce the use of negative coping strategies.
Project duration: 6 months.
Number of beneficiaries: 4420HHs.
Distribution Method: Unconditional cash transfer via mobile money, cash-for-work mobile money.
Complementary Activities: Nutrition/IYCF sensitization activities.
Transfer amount: $68 for Bari region and $48 for Nugal region.
- Project objectives:
The objective of the project is to improve food security situation of target household with a specific objective of increasing food consumption and access to basic needs for vulnerable households.
3.0 Call for consultancy services:
Save the Children invites bids from competent firms or individual consultants to submit their ‘Expression of Interes’t for consultancy services to develop content on Al Thani supported projectin Somalia.
4.0 Objective(s) of the assignment:
The objective of the assignment is to document (visual content – videos, photos and stories) the contribution of Foof For Peace Project, implemented by Save the Children, in addressing the most immediate needs of Somali children and their families. The content will reflect the needs on the ground and the impact it has on the lives children, their families, communities and the wider puplic.
Specifically the aim is to:
- To highlight the key issues and problems families face(d).
- The support/services the families received.
- The impact the HE Sheikh Al Thani supported projects have had on the commununities.
5.0 Scope of Work:
To consultant bring the human stories, images, videos and the lives of the children, their families and communities we work with to the forefront. This work must use the latest technology to explore the human experience and interaction with the project in order to build awareness on: This should be communicated in the words of children, their families and the community, through their individual stories, linked together to tell one cohesive story that makes the larger picture clear to an international audience. Children’s voices must be featured in the story line, bringing their experience to the forefront.
Specifically the consultant shall:
- Develop overall concept and scenario for case.
- Develop the documentary script and story board to be used in filming and production of the documentary and case studies.
- Conduct field visits of the project area and interview key stakeholders including benefeciries, local leader, government official and project staff.
- Present a draft content to Save the Chidlren for review/comments.
- Incorporate the comment and produce final content.
The content produced will be shared externally with community members, government, members and donors. It will also be used on the organization’s online platforms and website for information sharing and advocacy objectives.
The consultant will be thoroughly briefed on Save the Children’s child safeguarding requirements and will sign a child safeguarding policy prior to commencing work. While in communities and gathering footage, images and stories, the consultant will be required to inform all those captured visually of the intended audience for the final product and gain their permission (consent form) to use their moving or still image for this purpose.
6.0 Expected Deliverables / Outputs:
- At least four minutes short videos which will have to be in a script form, highlighting individual stories of beneficiaries from the project in target locations.
- Two SM version videos not more than 90 secs.
- 7 success stories/case studies written from first person point of view. All stories should show detailed impact of the project on targeted beneficiaries.
- One well prepared feature story that best fits online platforms and that can possibly be shared with the media for republication and circulation.
- 100 images that are of high quality, well edited ( without changing the message of the story) and with clear captions in Jpeg format, precisely showing the location, activities undertaken by the subject, direct quotes of the subject or facts and figures about the intervention and the project.
- Signed consent forms for each person who appears prominently in shot. For group shots please refer to Save the Children image guidelines – you do not necessarily need a consent form for individuals in a group/ crowd shot. When all is done make sure to leave behind a form for the individuals in the story or photograph, incase the subject need to contact Save the Children if there should be any concern.
- Produce a work log to keep track of stories / detailed contributor information including list of name changes when relevant
6.1 Content Collection – Notes for All Shoots
- Shooting video: concentrate on steady shots (horizontal!), held for 20 seconds each, showing what we are actually doing, a mixture of close ups and ‘establishing’ shots.
- Focus on in-depth case studies, with emotion when appropriate. A wide edit of photos with detailed captions with strong quotes (essential).
- Integrated content (photos, film and case study including quotes) from the same child, parent or staff member.
- Children’s stories are the priority. We like to show need and impact in the same story.
Upon the completion of the assignment, the service providers should submit footage, photos and any other documents created within the assignment to Save the Children. This includes but not limited to original copies of the consent, project files in FCP or Adobe format and all text in word document version including transcript of interviews conducted during the assignment.
Final content procuced MUST follow Save the Children branding guidelines and meets the quality expectations of Save the Children.
7.0 Requirements / Selection Criteria:
- At least four years of experience in documentation, videography and photography production in development and humanitarian contexts.
- A strong creative vision and styling that appeals to a global audience, with experience in capturing and editing videography for international consumption.
- Samples of previous work undertaken by the consultant to as proof of creative vision and style.
- The consultant is expected to cover their own insurance costs.
- Ability to work at Save the Children offices in Garowe, as required to meet the expected deliverables listed below.
8.0 Activity Timelines:
The assignment will be carried out in Puntland for a period of 20 days
9.0 Reporting / Lead Persons:
The consultant will directly report to the Advocacy, Campaigns, Communication and Media Manager with support from the National Campaigns, Communications and Media manager and/or Head of Advocacy, Campaigns, Communication and Media.
Selected consultant will travel to Nugaal, Bari and Karkaar regions of Puntland.
11.0 Application procedure:
Applicants are required to submit the following through Puntland.email@example.com and applications are open between 10 – 23 October 2020):
- A technical proposal: Letter of Interest, stating why you consider yourself/your firm suitable for the assignment.
- Firm/company profile on handling related assignment.
- Personal CVs for individual consultant highlighting qualifications and experience.
- Contact details of referees which shall be organizations for whom you have produced films
- or documentaries.
- Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee and a breakdown of expenses (unit price).
- together with any other expenses) related to the assignment.
- Both technical and financial proposal shall not exceed five pages.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
960 total views, 4 today