TERMS OF REFERENCE LEGAL RETAINER SERVICES FOR CONCERN WORLDWIDE, SOMALIA/SOMALILAND
- Job category: Legal Affairs
- Post date:19 May 2020
- Share job:
TERMS OF REFERENCE
LEGAL RETAINER SERVICES FOR CONCERN WORLDWIDE,
Concern Worldwide is a nongovernmental, international, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Concern has been operational in Somalia/Somaliland for a long period now and established its Somaliland programme in 2010. The programme has grown, strengthened and diversified its strategy, funding and team over the past 10 years. Concern’s programme now comprises of a cohesive complementary portfolio of emergency response interventions alongside longer-term multi-sector adaptive programming in community resilience to shocks and stresses, durable solutions (DS) for displacement-affected communities, with parallel institutional systems strengthening work in health and education sectors.
- Scope of Service
Concern Worldwide in Somalia/Somaliland is inviting interested registered/licensed law firms and lawyers with a minimum of four (4) years legal experience to submit written proposals to provide Legal Retainer Services to the organization. As the retained lawyer, the selected law firm or lawyer will be expected to provide a wide range of legal services.
- Specific Terms of Reference:
3.1) Labour Issues
- Review & advice on revisions on the content of policies affecting national employees.
- Review Concern Worldwide terms and conditions of employment for national staff and advise/recommend necessary changes.
- Recommend & advice approaches to handling disciplinary issues and other legal matters related to employees.
- Regularly advise/update Concern Worldwide on applicable laws and regulations in the country.
- Update Concern Worldwide particularly on the new policies passed/adopted in the operational areas.
- Review and prepare, on request, any other legal documents/records related to CWW activities.
3.2) New Legislations
- Regularly advise/update Concern Worldwide on new legislation, law reforms, and amendments, pending and passed bills by the Parliament of the country that may directly have an impact on Concern Worldwide and its operations in Somalia/Somaliland.
- Share detailed information with Concern Worldwide on the impact of the above points whenever possible.
3.3) Review Contracts
- Whenever required (on demand by Concern Worldwide), conduct review of contracts, these may include and are not limited to staff contracts, procurement of supplies/goods and services e.g. consultancy, construction contracts, and advice Concern Worldwide on possible legal implications and/or contradictions with national legislationand recommend adjustments
- Provide legal advice including written legal opinion where such opinion is required on the matter under query on their legality and validity in accordance with the laws of the country.
- Provide legal counsel and negotiation services at the request and in the interest of Concern Worldwide.
- Regularly update and share accurate advice that will enable Concern Worldwideto avoid or mitigate litigation risks arising from such contracts.
- Regularly update Concern Worldwide on labor, property, tax, NGO bills/laws that may have a direct or indirect impact on the organization’s operations in Somalia/Somaliland or impact on international Non-Governmental Organizations in general.
- Represent Concern Worldwide in Court litigation, arbitration tribunals(out of court settlements), services for prior consultation/advice and other legal forums
- Duration for the Retainer
The duration will be for a period of one (1) year from the effective date of the retainer contract with the possibility of renewal based on performance.
Reputable law firms and individual lawyers interested in this must provide the following information and documents:
- Firm’s profile including CVs of lawyers, or application & CV (for individual lawyers)
- At least three references from other clients
- Descriptions of experience in similar assignments undertaken
- Technical proposals with expected legal fees
7) How to Apply: Qualified and interested parties are requested to send applications to: Procurement.firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line:Application for Legal Retainer Services. The submission of application closes on 31stMay 2020.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
937 total views, 4 today