TERMS OF REFERENCE MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION SERVICES
- Job category: Media Production/Drama
- Post date:28 Aug 2019
- Share job:
TERMS OF REFERENCE
MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION SERVICES
Shaqodoon is a local NGO founded in 2011 to create innovative and long-lasting solutions to Somalia/land’s youth employment challenges. Shaqodoon Organization is a service provider dedicated to skill development, employment services, youth entrepreneurship, private sector business development, and technology for development. Shaqodoon makes use of participatory methods to ensure youth participate in delivering its services.
Shaqodoon is part of SomRep consortium, an ambitious approach to tackle the challenge of recurrent droughts and the chronic vulnerability that results among pastoralists, agro-pastoralists, and peri-urban households across Somalia. Seven International Non-governmental Organizations (INGOs); ACF, ADRA, CARE, COOPI, DRC, Oxfam and World Vision, with deep experience in Somalia have joined as a long term consortium to build and field test a resilience model based on the latest global resilience thinking, innovative livelihood approaches for the Somalia context, and bridging the relief to development continuum. The consortium was formed following the famine of 2011.
Part of the project is to connect local communities to their diaspora in funding their community projects. These community projects will be uploaded through a locally-built crowdfunding platform called Bulshokaab run by Shaqodoon organization. SomRep partners, regional government and local communities work together to carryout mobilization at both local and international level and promote and fundraise for community projects. The media company will be covering all the communications needed to promote community projects to be fundraised for. This includes development of community project promotional videos, materials, radio spots, TV messaging, social media messaging and promotion, brochures, event management and post awareness messages and articles to leading news websites.
SERVICES TO BE OFFERED
We expect the selected company to offer, the following media and communication services
- Production of professional short videos to upload on crowdfunding platform for community projects – includes filming and editing and final cut
- Development of Short targeted Radio messages to Local and International Radio Stations – Direct and Indirectawareness messages about the crowdfunding platform and co-financing projects
- Development of Short targeted popular TV messages to be aired through TVs- Direct and Indirect awareness messages about the crowdfunding platform and co-financing projects.
- Posting awareness messages to 8 popular Somali websites. This also includes developing the message
The company or the consultant will travel to Qansahdheere and Xudur where community projects are based to capture Videos and Audio Messages.
- Promo videos in HD
- Messages for TV, social media and radio
- Inception report with detailed workplan,
- Progress and final reports
Interested firms are invited to submit an Expression ofInterest (EOI) for delivery of the assignment. The EOI should include:
- Company profile not more than two pages
- Sample of works done
- Technical and financial proposals
- Detailed CV of your team
- Contact details from at least two independent referees with in-depth and proven knowledge of the applicant’s expertise and relevant work experience
- A cover letter outlining the suitability of the firm for the assignment, motivation and summarizing relevant experience
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
It is expected that the executing company has a good understanding and a high experience in promo video productions, graphics, TV and Radio messaging and media relations. The company should possess the following detailed qualifications and experience:
- Ability to design, develop and execute a promotional videos in charity setting.
- Experience in producing high quality professional video production and presentations.
- At least five years of working experience in Somalia/Land.
- Proven ability of creative working.
- High level of communication with its customers.
- Experience in working in remote rural areas, experience in Somalia context
- Experience with NGOs, especially in the fields of resiliency and livelihood is an asset.
- The firm should have a strong team with background in Multimedia, communications, ICT or graphic designing.
DEADLINE OF THE APPLICATION
The application (in English) to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org 04.00 PM, September 10th, 2019.
Shaqodoon is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all gender, age, and disability status.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1044 total views, 1 today