TERMS of REFERENCE Mental Health Consultant of Project “Rehabilitation project’’ – Somalia
- Job category: Consultancy
- Post date:12 Jan 2020
- Job expires in: 8 days
- Share job:
TERMS of REFERENCE
Mental Health Consultant of Project “Rehabilitation project’’
- Organizational background:
FCA works to enable people to break the circle of poverty and violence. We are a rights-based actor, a Finnish organisation with 70 years of experience, with operations in 15 countries. FCA is Finland’s largest NGO in development cooperation and second largest provider of disaster relief. Our action is guided by international human rights standards and principles. We realise our mission and vision through development cooperation, humanitarian assistance and advocacy work. We contribute to positive change by supporting people in the most vulnerable situations within fragile and disaster-affected areas. We consider three thematic areas as central to sustainable change: the right to peace (R2P), livelihood (R2L) and quality education (R2QE).
In Somalia and Somaliland FCA has been working under a right to peace thematic areas since 2008 including governance and reconciliation projects and later has expanded in quality education (R2QE) thematic area.
- Implementing organization
CRD is a strategic partner of FCA since 2014 under FCA’s pillar people and governance. FCA and CRD implemented projects throughout Somalia, including the target regions, namely FCA partnered with CRD in three projects. Both project were implemented directly by CRD in collaboration with various regional and local authorities. FCA has been working with CRD since the pilot phase of the project.
- Project Overview
The project focuses on three major components; (1) development and implementation of a rehabilitation programme; (2) establishment of a reintegration process; (3) improvement of the prison environment. The participants of the project are engaged in a rehabilitation programme.
- OBJECTIVES OF THECONSULTANCY
The purpose of the consultancy is to support FCA in the following tasks
- Establish therapeutic relationship with clients
- Conduct psychological assessments
- Conduct weekly, individual or group therapy sessions, as necessary
- Design psychoeducational curriculum that is culturally and linguistically competent, with material and manuals for each session
- Training of relevant staff and key stakeholders
- Provide expertise and input in areas related to psychosocial supportin the different components of the project
- Translating/interpreting materials
- Using evident-based psychoeducational resources
- Conducting psychological assessments and developing treatment plan
- Conducting suicide screening
- Conducting substance/addiction screening.
- Weekly therapy sessions (individual/group counseling) (ongoing process)
- Provide culturally and religious competency psychotherapy
- Conducting psychoeducation sessions
- Training of case workers
- Conducting family sessions.
- Training for rehabilitation committee and other staff members
- Ongoing guidance for rehabilitation committee and other staff members
Together with this, the consultant will be responsible of submitting a final report, the structure should be as follows;
- Executive summary
- Programme description
- Interpretation and reflection
Deskwork and field visits to Baidoa on weekly basis( twice a week).
- MINIMUM SKILLS REQUIRED
The consultant is expected to meet the following minimum criteria:
- Advanced degree in psychology, mental health or other relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in mental health and psychosocial support
- Experience in capacity building and training of key stakeholders and staff
- Fluency in English language & Somali (written and oral)
- Experience from working in Somalia
- Ability to visit and work in Baidoa Baidoa
- EVALUATION CRITERIA
The offers will be evaluated according to the criteria below:
|1||Experience in mental health & psychosocial support interventions in prisons||15%||Evaluation will be done through referring to the degree and information received in CV and references;|
|2||Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports||20%||Evaluation will be done by referring to the sample of previous assessment and project report including work proposal;|
|3||Experience in capacity building and training of key stakeholders and staff||15%||Evaluation will be done by referring to the information received in CV and references;|
|4||Ability to visit Baidoa on weekly basis for 10 months||20%||Evaluation will be done by referring to the work plan;|
|5||Price||30%||Evaluation will be done by referring to the price offered in application and by comparing it to the budget. Lowest bid receives highest score. Other candidates’ scores are calculated proportionally based on the lowest bid.|
The consultancy is to be conducted from 1st of March 2020 until 31st of Decemer 2020.
,with possibility of extension depending on funding andsatisfactory performance. Start of work will be dependent on availability of funds.
FCA will only review applications that are written in English and willnot exceed 10 pages in total and include all the required information:
- Technical proposal including budget and work plan for the consultancy;
- Updated company profile and consultant CV including at least three referees with completed contact information;
- Sample of previous assessment and project report
- Copy of degree
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st Jan, 2020 at 4:30 pm local time. Please indicate in the email heading ‘11935 Mental Health Consultancy’.
FCA assumes that selected candidate will adhere FCA Code of conduct and child safeguarding policy.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
644 total views, 2 today