Terms of Reference Pre-Qualification of local partners- South central offices (Hiran, Bakol, Galgadud, and Middle Shabelle, Somalia)
- Job category: Policy & Partnership Affairs
- Post date:23 Nov 2020
- Share job:
Terms of Reference
Pre-Qualification of local partners- South central offices
Project title: Protection and Return Monitoring Network (PRMN).
Locations: Hiran, Bakol, Galgadud, and Middle Shabelle.
The NRC Somalia Country Programme is part of the NRC Horn of Africa, Yemen, Uganda and South Sudan regional mission. Operations in the region began in Somaliland in 2004, expanded to Puntland in 2006, South Central Somalia and Kenya in 2007. Since 2011, five more programmes have been established in the region: Ethiopia, Yemen, Djibouti, South Sudan & Uganda. Prioritized activities focus on shelter construction; water, hygiene and sanitation; education; food security; protection and information, counselling and legal assistance (ICLA).
The office of the Norwegian Refugee Council South Central Somalia invites interested civil society and national non-governmental organizations with population movement and protection monitoring background and experience to submit their expression of interest to work under the project ‘Protection and Return Monitoring Network (PRMN), funded by UNHCR for the pre-qualification of delivery of services on behalf of the Norwegian Refugee Council the year 2020.
- Protection of internally displaced (IDPs) and returnees strengthened.
- Target Groups
- Monitor population displacements and movements such as droughts and conflict-related displacement, including primary and secondary displacement as well as returns by targeting strategic points.
- Protection monitoring including protection incidents as outlined on the guidance documents.
- Scope of the services provided
The project activities are mainly daily filed monitoring, filed visits to the field to collect specific data on IDP movement, returns and protection incidents within IDP settlements, villages, and other IDP target sites; and submitting the data. In so doing, the partner organization will receive funds to facilitate this exercise.
- Competencies required
- The partner organizations should be based in South Central regions and have functioning office and physical presence in the locations applied for.
- Each partner should apply to work in One region and be specific on the districts of operations. The current PRMN partners can also apply.
- The organizations should be officially recognized by the local authorities, and should have proof of registration.
- The organization should be able to provide track record of previously protection activities for over than 3 years or have implemented similar projects in the past.
- Deep knowledge of Persons of concern rights and Guiding principles of internally displaced people.
- Active involvement and/or participation in protection cluster and relevant sectors.
- Knowledge of the culture for the various Somali communities in South central.
- Strong result oriented for communication, advocacy, reporting and data analysis
- REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSION
- Organizational profile and structure clearly stating experience in the applied sector, previous implemented projects, objectives, vision and mission.
- Article of association (constitution) with the organogram
- Valid and updated registration certificates from the government and other authorities for the year ending December 2020 or beyond at the very latest
- Concept note not more than 4 to 5 pages indicating proposed activities, implementation methodology and the background information etc.
- Summary of similar activities executed in the last 3 years/reports on human rights programming
- Qualifications (CVs) of organizational key technical staff (5 at least)
- Organization’s operational strategies for SC area applied operational strategy.
- Manner of Submission:
Deadline for submission of applications is Sunday 30th Nov 2020 at 4:00 P.M. and application documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope to the tender box at the reception area at Mogadishu office. For partners who have no access to Mogadishu office you can also send all required documents as a soft copy to this email So.email@example.com
Applications submitted beyond the deadline will not be considered.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2534 total views, 1 today