Terms of reference Procurement Specialist in Ministry of Energy &Water Resources (MoEWR) Somalia
- Job category: Procurement
- Post date:12 Jan 2020
- Share job:
|Ministry of Energy &Water Resources (MoEWR)|
Terms of reference
Procurement Specialist inMinistry of Energy &Water Resources (MoEWR)
The Federal Government of Somalia
|A. Project Background and Objectives
The Ministry of Energy and water Resources is implementing the Support for Integrated Water Resources Management to ensure Water Access and Disaster Reduction for Somalia’s Agro-Pastoralists Project, funded by Global Environmental Facility (GEF) on behalf of Ministry of Energy and Water Resources, Federal Government of Somalia.
The Integrated Water Resources Management project addresses Somalia’s first priority identified in its NAPA (2013): the need to build the climate resilience of agro-pastoralists while simultaneously increasing investment into sustainable water management.
The Integrated Water Resources Management Project is to ensure water access and disaster reduction for Somalia’s Agro-pastoralists.
Project objective is to re-force technical and operational capacities at federal, state and local levels to manage water resources sustainably to build the climate resilience ofagro-pastoralists in Somalia. The Project components are as fellow:
➢ Water resource management policies establishing clear national and district responsibilities
➢ Transfer of technologies for enhanced climate risk monitoring and reporting on water resources in drought and flood prone areas
➢ Improved water management and livelihood diversification for pastoralists.
The Ministry of Energy and Water Resources in consultation with UNDP will be responsible for the management and coordination of the project with exception of Somaliland. The project will be monitored by Project Steering Committee (PSC) comprising the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources (FMS), Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Education, Ministry Livestock and Range, Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation, Ministry of Women and Gender to ensure alignment will comply with FGS, UNDP, and GEF coordination policies.
For this background on behalf of the Ministry of Energy and Water Resource, is seeking a qualified candidate for Procurement Specialist Position.
|B. KEY RESULT EXPECTED
· Planning, organizing and coordinating the procurement of supplies, materials, equipment and services for the ministry
· Developing, implementing and monitoring a procurement plan for the ministry
· Advising on the appropriate procurement methods to be used for procurement of goods and consultancy services under the project
· Managing the procurement process and ensuring all procurement activities comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures of the ministry, Ministry of Finance and the Somalia Procurement Authority.
· Managing operational procurement activities including: drafting procurement plans, bidding documents, adverts, request for quotations; procedures in issuing bidding documents, procedures in short listing suppliers for invitations for quotations, receipting of bids/quotations, opening of bids/quotations, evaluation of bids/quotations,
· preparation of evaluation reports and draft contract agreements, etc.
· Preparing expressions of interest, request for proposals, letters of invitation, request for proposals and other tender documents.
· Participating and providing guidance to the evaluation process and the preparation of bid/proposal evaluation reports and award recommendations for procurements in compliance with FGS laws, policies and regulations.
· Carrying out pre-qualification exercises to establish and maintain a database of approved contractors.
· Establishing and implementing a contractor performance management system to assess indicators such as capabilities and qualities
· Conducting bidders’ meetings, providing clarification and preparing minutes on the bidding process as required
· Ensuring that complete documentation is maintained on all procurement cases and coordinating and responding to procurement queries, disputes, and complaints, including the development of procurement database system.
· Establishing a central procurement filing system, and ensuring all related documents are included in the respective files.
· Participating and providing guidance during negotiations and contracting phase including supporting contract management teams and the necessary oversight; monitoring contract progress and variations to take action to remedy slippages
· Monitoring and reviewing the execution of contracts to ensure compliance with stipulated terms and making recommendations to ensure probity and proper performance by both parties
· Handling claims and disputes, claims against warranties and works towards the resolution of conflicts and problems arising out of cases of poor performance for non-compliance with contractual obligations within the terms and conditions of contracts
· Contract closure, including identifying best practices and lessons learned and performing contractor assessment from a contract management perspective
· Setting up procedures for timely request for funding and disbursement of authorized expenditure
· Forecasting procurement needs of the programme by conferring with management and staff to ascertain their requirements
· Maintaining a record of all supplies, equipment and servicesprocured and disposed
· Planning and organizing the logistics associated with prompt delivery of supplies, materials, equipment and services to meet the needs of the programme
· Maintaining inventory control and recommending procurement strategies
· Using technical and financial information to inform on budget preparation, procurement strategies, priorities and timing
· Preparing reports and other documents as required on procurement matters and undertaking a full risk analysis including mitigation measures for all contracts
· Managing the bidding/auction procedures for the disposal of unserviceable, obsolete, or surplus supplies and equipment under the guidance of the board of survey and other concerned authority/committee.
· Managing the processes for the transfer to government departments or other public entities with or without financial adjustment where an asset may be usefully utilized by another procuring entity; the disposal of the asset shall be by formal transfer.
· Managing destruction, dumping, burying or such other forms of disposal.
· Preparing the concession procurement plan
· Planning and administering concession up to but excluding evaluation and awarding of concession contracts
· Preparing concession bid documents in collaboration with technical experts
· Receiving and safeguarding bids received
· Conducting bid opening procedures in accordance with the law
· Performing secretarial services for the concession entity
|C. CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
The Project Procurement Specialistwill fully be accountable and report to the National Project Coordinator in Ministry of energy and water resources federal government of Somalia
|D. ADMIN SECRETARY QUALIFICATIONS
The candidate should have the following desired qualifications and experience:
· A Degree in Procurement, Business or Public Administrations, Engineering, Accounting and Financial Management, and/or related fields.
· A minimum of 4 year professional experience in Procurement and related function.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Procurement of plans and programs
· Strong orientation and knowledge in establishing baseline measurements for results
· Knowledge and understanding government policies, regulations and practices
· Fluency in oral and written Somali and English
· Readiness to work in multi-cultural and fast – paced environment meeting tight deadlines
· Reputable person with good ethical and moral character
E. Procedures for Applying
a) Interested experts who have the qualification to do the job are encouraged to submit the following document: An up-dated and recent C.V. and Cover letter addressing the selection criteria above
The closing date for receiving applications is 20 January 2020.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
842 total views, 5 today