Terms of Reference Project Manager – Functional Review Implementation Support & Change Partner Somalia & Somaliland
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:8 Feb 2020
- Job expires in: 11 hours
- Share job:
Terms of Reference
Project Manager – Functional Review Implementation Support & Change Partner
Somalia & Somaliland
CARE Somalia has undergone a functional review processesto align its finance and program support (operations) due to
- Increase in portfolio which is evidenced in win rate over the financial years due to changing funding and donor trends
- Full relocation of all operational support functions from Nairobi Liaison office into Somalia in line with the Somalia government directive
- Bring in efficiencies in the way these functions are currently structured to support programs.
- Feedback from donors that CARE there are inefficiencies in some areas like donor reporting,
- Inability for country offices to be able to flex and be agile according to changing scale and scope over time
The finance In-depth functional review undertaken which has included the following;
- Clear problem statement definition for the specific context,
- Country office stakeholder consultations (monkey surveys and focused group discussions) to listen and capture the voice of the different units throughout the country office including Field Offices
- Workload / task analysis of current functions,
- Financial analysis and analytics to revalidate the qualitative processes
Sharing with Country Director optional structures based on all the review and analysis.Due to required change management in the restructuring it is necessary to identify, project management support from outside of the country program in order to prevent conflict of interest and objectivity in all areas related to the restructuring process.
As part of the functional review process, a number of other areas have also been identified requiring review and bring additional efficiencies in the immediate and short term.
Out of scope
Program and other operations units (HR, Admin, Procurement and IT)
As the project manager, support the Country Director by working with country office teams to
- Working with DCD-Ops develop criteria that guides the development of the third and fourth layers of structure set up supported by data and task analysis already done and those remaining tasks related to third and fourth layers, HR, Admin and Field office structures. Objective is to achieve agreed set of functional review requirements and balanced workloads
- Work with new team to design level four of Organogram and Field Offices/Hub structure using new data gathered incountry.
- WorkcloselywithpeopleacrossBusinessOperationsandotherdepartmentstoensuredata,systems,integration, reporting, process andchangeforthe Care Country Officearecloselyaligned toorganizational needs.
- Coordinate, leadand ensure alignmentbetweendifferent teamsworkingondifferent changecomponents (people;programs;systems,processes,andtechnologies;structuresandfunctions;leadershipandgovernance, et)
- Remap key business processes (building on prior work of core team) and identify KPIs
- Identify processes for sequencing now and future improvement projects as part of ongoing evolution
- Develop, revise and advise on grading of JDs in accordance with the new structure
- Working with line managers coordinate the filling of the positions in the new structure
- Communicate about the accompanying new cost structure with country director
- Work with Finance to identify key cost savings
- Monitor and assess the change using agreed key performance indicators and service level agreements between teams and departments to ensure accountability,
- Conductimpactanalysis,assesschangereadinessandworkonappropriatestrategieswithmanagementto counterresistanceandensureengagementofkeystakeholders inthechangeprocess.
The project manager as must also ensure
- Functional Review Process meets required local legal requirements and that technical aspects of implementation are kept on track,
- Support the country director in ensuring consistent communication and updates provided and that the communication plan updated on a regular basis.
- There is a risk mitigation plan in place to ensure business continuity
- New structure options/Organogram institutionalized and functional,
- A report on the functional review emerging issues that require management attention/implementation with recommendations,
The project manager will reference all the documents developed throughout the functional review process.
- High levels of emotional intelligence and ability to communicate with empathy
- Proven organizational skills in coordinating activities with the ability to focus on outcomes and thorough implementation of activities,
- Demonstrated problem solving, process improvement and decision-making skills,
- Proven ability to harness ideas and produce successful outcomes and ability to work independently
- Ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders and to negotiate and influence effectively to build consensus and achieve objectives.
- Excellent ability to write reports and articulate complex issues in a clear and accurate manner to a variety of audience and stakeholders.
- Ability to clearly and articulately present concepts and strategies on a broad range of initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in end-to-end project management, managing cross-functional initiatives and process/change management.
- Understanding of CARE business processes is an advantage.
Period of Assignment
Immediate – initial assignment will be for 3 months with possibility of extension
The CO will meet all the costs of the assignment.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV in a one PDF document to SOM.Recruitment@care.org by 22 February 2020. Candidates are required to quote the position title “Project Manager – Functional Review” on the subject line of the email when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
CARE is Zero Tolerant organization for child abuse and sexual exploitation and abuses.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1387 total views, 1 today