Terms of Reference: Referral mechanism for FGM champions and trained health workers in Somaliland
- Job category: Education
- Post date:30 Nov 2020
- Share job:
SOMALILAND NURSING & MIDWIFERY ASSOCIATION (SLNMA)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org website: slnma.org Phone No 063-4185300 Terms of Reference: Referral mechanism for FGM champions and trained health workers in Somaliland
In Somaliland an estimated 99% of girls and women aged 15 – 19 years have undergone FGM/C (female genital mutilation/cutting), 85% of which have experienced the most severe form. The issue is hugely sensitive and taboo, is not discussed in public, and is deeply entrenched in social norms around the position of girls and women in society, their sexuality, and dominant patriarchal and religious beliefs that are upheld by all sections of society. The UNFPA/UNICEF joint programmer on FGM aims to promote behavior change to end FGM through inter-related interventions which include legislative advocacy, community mobilization, media campaign and mobilizing health professional and communities to abandon FGM.
SLNMA is seeking a consultant(s) to develop and support the operations of referral mechanism for FGM champions and trained health workers in Somaliland
General objectives of the consultant
The consultant will develop referral mechanism between the FGM health professionals and community committees and FGM champions across Somaliland regions in order to ease the referral system of the FGM health survivors
- Under consultation with SLNMA map and assess the existing health facilities for the FGM management
- Conduct refresher training to the trained nurses and midwives
- Meet and contact with the existing community committees/FGM champions in order to collect the necessary information for the development of referral mechanism
- Develop referral document based on agreed format
- Conduct validation workshop for the developed referral mechanism
Skills and qualifications of consultants
- Demonstrable expertise on women’s rights and gender equality
- Thematic expertise on violence against women and girls, harmful traditional practices, or FGM/C
- Geographic expertise in East/Horn of Africa, preferably Somaliland
- A financial proposal that offers good value for money and that maximizes potential efficiencies to deliver the outputs within budget.
- Evidence of successful collaboration with Ministries NGOs, and particularly collaborations which included capacity building and ‘on-the-job’ training.
We invite interested consultant to submit the following application documents:
- Expression of interest
- Technical proposal including proposed activities schedule/work plan with time frame
- CV of applicant
- Budget (consultancy costs)
- An example of previous similar work if available
Time line for the project:
The consultant work is expected to complete within 15 days starting from the contracting date.
The complete document should be submitted to SLNMA Main Office in Bada Cas Jigjiga yar near crown hotel, opposite to Chinese restaurant.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
629 total views, 1 today