Terms of Reference (TOR) Creative Writing Skills (CWS) Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA), Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Research/Review/Report/Writings
- Post date:7 Oct 2021
- Job expires in: 2 days
- Share job:
Pact Inc. has been operating in the Horn of Africa for over 25 years, implementing a number of projects with local CSOs across a variety of sectors. These projects, implemented in partnership with local CSOs, have included but are not limited to: good governance cross-border peacebuilding, community conservation, health, and HIV/AIDS, women’s empowerment, artisanal gold mining, and natural resource management,. At the foundation of all of these projects is Pact’s capacity development approach.
The Expanding Access to Justice (EAJ) program, funded by USAID under the Human Rights Support Mechanism (HRSM), focuses on increasing awareness and general knowledge of legal rights, human rights, and options for recourse, especially for Somali women, youth, and marginalized groups. It responds to citizens’ needs by supporting civil society and justice actors in sustainably improving the quality and scope of legal services. The program’s aim is to ensure that individuals and communities, especially women and marginalized groups, obtain a rights-based resolution of their justice issues. The program is implemented by Pact and the American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI).
EAJ is looking to recruit a short term consultant, a creative writer, and good communicator with outstanding training skills. The role of the STTA is to enhance the writing skills of EAJ staff and grantees in reporting their activities and successes from the field. The primary focus of this role will involve training and mentorship of the participants through a physical training. The consltancy period is 5 days inclusive of designing the workshop/training, delivering the workshop/training and reporting back on the training.
- Duties and Responsibilities The area to be covered include:
- Workshop preparation (in total 1.5 days):
- Prepare a standard training content and material for the workshop that will addressing common mistakes in report writing, Creative reporting, and Dos and don’ts of reporting
- Deliver workshop on agreed content (in total 2 days):
- Facilitate the workshop of up to 25 participants (in Mogadishu, Somalia) and consisting mostly of presentations, supplemented by group discussions. In the course of doing so, the facilitator will ensure group dynamics, succinct summaries, focused learning and excellent time management;
- As part of workshop implementation, s/he will encourage critical discussion aimed at enabling participants improve on creative writing.
- Using appropriate techniques to present and document all results;
- Provide mentorship to individual participants during the training
- Workshop follow-up (1.5 days):
- Prepare a summary report on the workshop including all results (highlighting key-results), the workshop-flow and dynamics, the complete workshop contents and lessons learned in a concise manner. It is intended that this document, which should be short and concise, should form reference material for future national adaptation of the ideas and approaches covered in the workshop.
- EXPECTED DELIVERABLES /OUTPUTS:
- Training handouts for the particiants
- Two days workshop on agreed content and methodology
- Workshop report with the overall findings and recommendations
To deliver these above-mentioned objectives and the associated scope of work, Pact Inc. is searching for a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- Skills and experience in designing and delivering a workshop for adult learning in multiple languages. The consultant should demonstrate the capacity to deliver a quality training in an adult learning environment and be able to demonstrate accommodating skills while making the best use of the time allocated
- Excellent knowledge and skill in creative reporting. The consultant should demonstrate their experience and competency in donor reporting and creative skills in capturing both activities and successes of the program implementation. Demonstrating a deep conceptual understanding of common mistakes in reporting in programs in Somalia will be an added advantage.
- REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
The consultant will report to the EAJ field Director who will be the contact person for the consultancy deliverables and outputs.
- University degree in Journalism, Public Relations or specialized area such as creative writing, or related fields
- At least 3 years of proven work experience in the group and workshop facilitation;
- Country experience: Experience in facilitating workshops in Somalia is a strong asset;
- Specific knowledge: Knowledge of Writing, Reporting and Creative Writing must be proven. Knowledge of justice programming in Somalia would be an asset.
- Good communication in both English and Somali languages
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- CHARGES AND REFERENCES
Include your daily consultancy rate and references on the application.
- HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants fulfilling the requirements are invited to send their application letter and CV to email@example.com indicating “Creative Writing” on the subject line. Deadline for applications: October 21, 2021.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1116 total views, 18 today