Terms of Reference (ToR) For a consultant to carry out Knowledge, attitude and practices survey relating to SGBV and community perceptions towards the SOB bill and Related Crimes
- Job category: Consultancy
- Post date:5 Oct 2021
- Share job:
Terms of Reference (ToR)
For a consultant to carry out Knowledge, attitude and practices survey relating to SGBV and community perceptions towards the SOB bill and Related Crimes
Save Somali Women and Children (SSWC) works on the realization of an empowered women living with dignity and contributing as equal partners in development in an environment free from violence and discrimination.
In this program SSWC works with Oxfam Novib to provide initiatives to realize women’s rights and inclusive governance in Somalia.
Project title: Digital Influencing for improved inclusive governance and women participation in decision-making chains
This project will address the digital information and campaigning gaps that will push women’s rights in the public agendas of Somalia. This will be achieved through development of powerful and change-inspiring campaigns to be promulgated through various digital platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TV channels. Extensive discussions are occurring online in Somalia, which have significance on the national debate, with middle class and urban youth being particularly active online. Their subsequent influence on community-level discussions is significant and thus need to be shaped by appropriate information. Featuring video and other engaging content, will help counter negative online discussions and contribute towards greater public acceptance of women’s rights in Somalia.
This project will engage a range of actors working on women’s rights and digital influencing.
This project will empower women and female youth activists to use social media to shape public perceptions of gender ideas, beliefs, and values and serve as an important means of generating women’s awareness about their subordinate or even oppressed status
Knowledge, attitude and practices survey relating to SGBV and community perceptions towards the SOB bill and Related Crimes. This research will provide an important foundation for sustained influencing efforts. The research will create a foundational document that can be leveraged for influencing, while providing data to guide broader influencing activities, such as by informing key messaging and harmonizing allies’ activities. The research will be presented and disseminated ensuring a groundswell of support amongst civil society actors and to engage high-level authorities, such government.
- Measure the level of knowledge on the SOB bill by the public.
- Identify the gaps and challenges in the SOB bill.
- Provide reasonable recommendation to enhance the advocacy and passage of the SOB bill by the parliament.
- Full survey report on the findings with recommendations in English
- Summary of key messages of the findings both in English and Somali
- Translation of the key findings in Somali
- Presentation of the findings to women leaders, civil society representatives and gender activists in an event at SSWC Hawatako center.
Experience and Qualification
- Bachelors’ degree in social sciences or any related field
- MUST have experience in conducting similar work in Somalia
- Familiarity with the SOB bill
- Fluency in both English and Somali
- Ability to present the findings in Mogadishu
- Being a legal expert is an added advantage
The consultant is required to complete this task within 10 days.
Interested candidates should present an application, as follows:
- A Technical proposal with:
– Technical reference of previous similar works
– Methodological note with a proposition regarding how the task will be conducted.
- A Financial proposition with a detailed budget
- Other information and conditions:
– Duty Station is Mogadishu
- Inquiries and Submissions
Deadline for inquiries 10th October 2021.
Deadline for proposal submission is 13th October 2021
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
848 total views, 2 today