TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR) FOR EXTERNAL AUDIT SERVICES – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Audit/Auditor
- Post date:3 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 1 day
- Share job:
TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR) FOR EXTERNAL AUDIT SERVICES
Created in 1982, Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our actions are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. HI was the co-winner of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1997 for its role in the International Campaign to Ban Landmines and was recently awarded (October 2016) a prize by the Office of the Presidency in Somaliland for services to Persons with Disabilities.
Humanity & Inclusion started in Somaliland in 1992 by setting up a rehabilitation center in Hargeisa. HI’s strategy in Somaliland is to advocate for the rights of persons with disabilities and to engage development actors to promote inclusion and participation of persons with disabilities and other vulnerable people at local and national level.
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is currently implementing 21 months humanitarian aid project in Somaliland and Somalia for IDPs in Togdheer and Maradi-jeh regions, and inclusive humanitarian action in Mogadishu/ Banadir Region; “ Emergency response for most at risk displaced and host population with a focus on elderly, people with injuries, chronic illness, physical disabilities and/or psychological distress and their family members.
Humanity & Inclusion is requesting proposals from licensed certified public accounting firms to audit its financial statements for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2020, with the option of auditing its financial statements for the subsequent two (3) fiscal years. This audit is to be performed in accordance with the provisions included in this request for proposal:
Objective of the Audit:
- The objective of the audit of HI’s financial statements is to enable the auditors to express an independent professional opinion on the financial position of HI and to ensure that the funds utilized to HI’s activities have been used for their intended purposes.
- The books of accounts of HI provide the basis for preparation of the HI’s Financial Statements. Proper books of accounts as required by law have been maintained by HI and also maintain adequate internal controls and supporting documentation for the transactions.
Scope of the Audit
- The audit will be carried out in accordance with the International Auditing Standards and will include tests and verification procedures as the auditors deem necessary.
- Verify that all the funds have been used in accordance with the established rules and regulations of HI and only for the purposes for which the funds were provided.
- Ensure that all Goods, works and services financed have been procured in accordance with the HI established rules and procedures.
- Ensure that appropriate supporting documents, records and books of accounts relating to all activities have been kept. Clear linkages should exist between the books of accounts and the financial statements presented to.
- Ensure that the financial statements have been prepared by HI management in accordance with applicable accounting standards and give a true and fair view of the financial position of HI and of its receipts and expenditures for the period ended on that date.
- Ensure that comprehensive assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of the accounting and overall internal control system to monitor expenditures and other financial transactions.
- Ensure that express an opinion as to reasonableness of the financial statements in all material respects.
- Include in their reports opinion on compliance with procedures designed to provide reasonable assurance of detecting misstatements due to errors or fraud that are material in the financial statements.
- In addition to the audit report, the auditors will prepare a Management Letter on the following:
- Give comments and observations on the accounting records, procedures, systems and controls that were examined during the course of the audit.
- Identify specific deficiencies and areas of weakness in systems and controls and make recommendations for improvement.
- Communicate matters that have come to their attention during the audit which might have a significant impact on the sustainability of the organization.
- The Auditors on completion of the audit work will submit the Audit Report appended to the Financial Statements along with the reports to the attention of the
- Management letter in accordance with the scope of work described here before.
Audit experience and qualification:
- The audit firm should be registered and have a license from an authorized national body.
- The firm should have relevant experience in accounting and auditing of development projects, especially donor funded operations.
- Relevant experience in dealing with NGOs and project work.
- The key audit team will comprise of, at least; an audit manager with at least 8 years’ experience in auditing and with a sound knowledge of donor-financed projects.
- In addition he/she should be member of a recognized accountancy professional body
Interested firms should submit the following;
- An expression of interest to provide the above mentioned consultancy services.
- An organization profile including previous related experiences.
- Proposed detailed methodology to deliver required services.
- A work plan and budget for the activities and final deadline
How to apply
Please send your application by 16th January 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting in the subject line « External Audit Services»
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
995 total views, 22 today