Terms of Reference (TOR) For Translation of the available extension manuals to Somali language.
- Job category: Translator/Interpretor
- Post date:19 Nov 2019
- Share job:
Terms of Reference (TOR) For Translation of the available extension manuals to Somali language. Background
World Vision International is a child focused and community based, relief and development agency. World Vision Somaliland Program in Resilience and Livelihood sector is currently implementing a project named (Reversing land Degradation through Scaling up ever Green Agriculture) funded by Australia.
The project target is two districts baki and Odwaine districts. The project interventions includes increase of ever green agriculture and environmental conservation and rangeland. Environmental conservation, improve access of better livelihoods in both two districts.
Objective of the TOR.
The project’s interventions include:
- Selection and Adaption of Extension manual and guidelines exist and in place.
- Translate the available manuals to Somali language
WV wishes to translate the available/exist EGA extension manuals and guidelines into Somali Language. Therefore, WV seeks a qualified consultant to translate exist/available Extension manuals from English to simple and easy understand Somali language.
Scope of Work
The consultant will be expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Go through the Nursery management and tree propagation extension manual/guide and get a clear understanding of the contents and context of the EGA extension manuals.
- Translate the training manuals using simple and easy to understand Somali language ensure the contents and processes are aligned to the set objectives.
- Ensure that the language use captures all concepts and demonstrate interactive and learner friendly teaching and learning techniques and processes.
- Proof read the translated training manuals to confirm that all concepts are well captured in appropriate Somali language.
- Ensuring quality check; ensuring that no typographical errors are left in the final text.
The consultancy will be for a maximum of 25 days for all of the training manuals effective from date of signing of the contract.
Ever Green Agriculture Extension Training manuals/Guide translated from English language to Somali language;
|S.No||Item Description||# of Pages||# of Words|
|1||Nursery management, tree propagation and marketing training||60||14513|
|manual for smallholder farmers and nursery operators.|
|2||Good Nursery Practices: A Simple Guide.||38||7139|
|3||Nursery Management and Production Steps.||6||1871|
Preferred Qualifications (Essential)
- A Bachelor degree in Social science, preferably NRM, Agriculture, Community Development etc. with at least 3 years of work experience.
- Experience in similar translation tasks
- Fluent in English and Somali
- Proven capacity and ability to undertake translations on time to meet the deadlines.
- High proficient in computer skills
Application files required
- A letter of application stating how you fit with the requirements of the consultancy.
- Detailed cost, either per page or per word.
- A detailed CV.
- A copy of the degrees /diplomas /certificates; and other relevant supporting documents.
- Must be able to show proof of previous work submitting the original text and translated work from English to Somali.
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates are requested to submit their technical and financial proposals to Somaliland_Supply_Chain@wvi.org, on or before 24th November 2019.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1828 total views, 1 today