Terms of Reference (TOR) For Upgrade of ERP-Microsoft Dynamics NAV – Somalia
- Job category: Tender/Bid/RFQ/RFP
- Post date:10 Oct 2021
- Share job:
TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR): UPGRADE OF ERP- MICROSOFT DYNAMICS NAV
Centre for Peace and Democracy (CPD) is a national non-profit and non-political organization in Somalia that was founded in 2003. As the name suggest, CPD’s original mandate was to solely champion peace, democracy and advance good governance. However, in 2007, the organization expanded its scope to cover humanitarian assistance, poverty reduction through socio-economic development for the communities it serves and supporting the country’s stabilization initiatives.
Reducing extreme poverty in Somalia is a core pillar that defines our existence. Our poverty eradication programs target the ultra-poor families (UPF) that are often neglected by the mainstream charities. We deploy comprehensive, time-bound, integrated and sequenced set of interventions that aim to enable the extreme and the ultra-poor families (UPF) achieve key milestones towards sustainable livelihoods and socio-economic resilience, in order to progress along a pathway out of extreme poverty. We are a catalyst who challenge the structural causes of the injustice of poverty, and work with partners locally and globally to create opportunities for people living in poverty to realize their full potential.
Building platforms for tolerance, equality and inclusion for the communities we work with, is ingrained in all our Social Development Programs. We are highly sensitive to the particular challenges and needs of the minority and marginalized groups whom we accord special targeting. Our on-ground strategies are built from the context, cultures, knowledge, wisdom, resources, needs, and aspirations of the communities we work with.
The objective of this assignment is to upgrade modules in the current Microsoft Dynamics Nav to a fully integrated solution that automates and standardises processes, ensures effective use of resources, eliminates risks and enables collaboration which leads to high efficiency. It is anticipated that an upgrade of current MS Navision could support an integrated project and financial management solution for CPD.
- scope of work
- PROCUREMENT/LOGISTICS requirements
The system should provide an easy way of validating project budget before procurement approval documents are raised, creation and storage of procurement authorization forms, possible electronic receipt of EOI from suppliers among others.
Procurement of goods and services – ease of document management by making most manually generated documents (Purchase Requisition Forms (PRF), Quotation, Purchase Order and Contracts system generated.
- Quotation Required Functionality
- Purchase Requisition
- Purchase Quotations
- Quotation Card
- Quotation Lines
- Quotation Report
- Supplier Quotation
- Supplier Quotation Header
- Supplier Quotation Line
- Quotation Evaluation
- Purchase Order
- Tender Management – Required Functionality
- Tender Register Card
- Tender Header Card
- Tender Lines
- Tender Register Report
- Tender Evaluation
- Tender Evaluation Header
- Tender Evaluation Lines
- Tender Evaluation Committee
- Tender Advertisement
- Tender Documents Collection
- Tenders Return Process
- Tenders Technical Evaluation
- Tenders Financial Evaluation
- Final Opinion
- Regret Letters
- Award Letter
- Purchase/Service Order
- Contracts Management –Required functionality
- Main Contracts Management
- Contracts Discharge Process
- project management requirements
The consultant should provide an end-to-end solution that creates fully integration between the project processes:
- Project management information system
- This will encompass creation and storage of project design document, intervention design, task design, appraisal reports, project budgets, project monitoring, project reporting, project completion among others.
- Should provide tools to track projects from approval to completion, and to monitor project milestones, benefits, and lessons learned. The system needs to facilitate preparation of reports such as project performance reports, and will include the log frame details (impact, outcomes, outputs) where staff can report on key output activities.
- The system will be the main tool used by project managers and will be integrated with the Finance Management System so that overall project budgets can be monitored as well as the disbursements against the project funds.
4.2.1 Project information and data (MIS). Must have seamless integration with financial Management module. Project dashboards give managers and project staff the ability to see how a project is doing through project reports and drill-down menus into project details.
4.2.2 Knowledge base. Key lessons learnt at every step of the project should be tracked. Idea boards should also be integrated to create an innovations platform to capture ideas and practical stake holder visions that can be passed on to inform project interventions and policy creations.
- Project Management –Required functionality
- seamless integration with logistics and finance modules
- Project Management Card
- Project Transactions
- Project Budget
- Donor Summary Report
- Budget Vs Actual Report
- Project Detailed Report
- Project Summary Report
- Creation of idea board
- finance management requirements
The consultant should provide an end-to-end solution that creates fully integration between the finance processes:
Financial management system
- General ledger functions – chart of accounts that holds a balance sheet, income and expenditure sheet, cash flow, trial balance, currency translation on specific dates to prevent currency exchange – aggregated and for each project
- Financial reporting – improve accuracy of management reporting and variance analysis – monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, reduce need for error prone excel sheets for reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, management of VAT and WHT taxes, cash book management etc
- Grant and contract administration – improve contract and grant administration efficiencies by tracking project and contract deliverables, approvals datelines etc. The system should allow for creation, storage and review of grants and contracts, the subsequent amendments, contracts and grants whose end date is due, reporting showing contracts with pending deliverables, fully integrated with financials and automatically update on contract/grant actuals and balances
- Resource management – allocation of resources to projects, interventions and tasks in addition to capturing time spend, variances on estimated time spend and actual time spend per resource per project
- Asset management – integrate asset management and procurement into the system, assign assets numbers and possibly tagging assets, reassigning of assets from one employee to another
- Cutting administrative processes by enabling online admin tasks
- Comprehensive payments authorization system with online approvals from project leads, project managers, Finance Manager, Director etc with links to budgets, pic and contracts
- Multi user environment. The system should be accessible by project staff and should allow detailed drill down on costs incurred.
- testing the solution
The consultant will ensure that the system has been fully customised to meet CPD’s needs and once the solution is ready for deployed undertake the expected testing to ensure it meets CPD’s expectations
- final user acceptance tests
The consultant will undertake user acceptance tests among CPD staff.
- user Training
The consultant will undertake user training for all users on new and existing features of the system.
The consultant is expected to draw up a detailed implementation plan. The aim is to ensure that the system is implemented in a professional manner and in accordance with the agreed timelines. Also, to be included in the implementation plan is
- a training plan for both CPD staff on the new system
- Audit of the current system to fully understand the challenges and improvements required.
- post implementation review
The consultant will review the system after it ‘goes live’ and confirm its working as designed. The consultant will also review the level of utilisation of existing functionalities and recommend an action plan for CPD to realise the full benefits of the system.
- SYSTEM SUPPORT & MAINTENANCE
The consultant should provide support services & maintenance post-implementation. The related support & maintenance activities should involve consultants in person site support at least once annually. The consultant will also undertake remote technical support when necessary.
- conduct of work
The consultant will work closely with the Finance Manager and Executive Director at CPD to gain clear understanding of the system requirements, design it, and later test the system to satisfaction.
- outcomes and deliverables
The consultant will be expected to produce a document stating his understanding of CPD requirements and proposed solutions before commencement of the work. The expected deliverable is a fully functional and project and contracts management module which is fully integrated into Navision financials.
The consultants must demonstrate the following
|Previous evidence of successful Navision customization and implementation|
|Ability to fully integrate all Navision modules into a single administrative and financial management tool|
|Proven track record of setting up and implementing solutions for non-profit donor funded organisations|
The work is expected to commence in November 2021 and will take a total of 16 weeks to complete as shown below.
|ACTIVITY||WEEK 1-2||WEEK 3 -4||WEEK 5- 6||WEEK 7-8||WEEK 9-10||WEEK 11-12||WEEK 13-14||WEEK 15-16|
|Project Dev. Plan|
|System Analysis & Design|
|Customization & Dev.|
|Going Live (Use of upgraded features|
|Project Review, Sign-off|
Interested candidates should present an application containing the following
- Detailed Technical Proposal with reference of previous similar work
- Methodological note with a proposition regarding how the task will be conducted.
- A financial proposition with a detailed budget
- Other information and condition
Deadline for submission: October 20, 2021
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
531 total views, 2 today