Terms of Reference (TOR) Project manager (medical Doctor) – Burao
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:8 Jan 2020
- Share job:
Terms of Reference (TOR) Project manager (medical Doctor)
Job title: Project manager (medical Doctor)
Duty station: Burao, with frequent travel to the project sites
The project manager will be responsible for management of multi donor funded projects including; Community based management of acute malnutrition (CMAM) and Cash Transfers and Resilience Building in Eastern Somaliland. The projects will be implemented in Sool and Togdheer regions. The project manager must possess both medical skills and general project management skills. Moreover. The project sites in Togdheer (Beerato, Qoyta,Ununnley,Beer, Ceelsame and Ceel bilcile) and Sool project sites are(Goljano, xidhxidh, Yayle, Dhamay,tuulosamakaab and Canjiid.
The proposed intervention Emergency Cash Transfers and Resilience Building in Eastern Somaliland (CaCH reference p190064), and sensitive to Nutrition-specific: Improving Food Security and Access to Malnutrition Services (CaCH reference P170096), acknowledges the consequences of slow onset droughts and other adverse weather conditions for vulnerable families in Eastern Somaliland. The humanitarian crisis in Somalia is among the most complex and protracted emergencies worldwide. Growing conflict across the country and simultaneous environmental hazards, such as recurrent droughts, hamper the livelihoods of Somalia’s 12
million people. In their Post Gu presentation held 29th August 2019 in Hargeisa, FEWSNET and FSNAU anticipate the livelihood zones of Eastern Somaliland to be at high risk and to slide from phase 2 (stressed) to phase 3 (crises) or phase 4 (emergency), within the next months. Against this background and in line with the SwS guidelines, the two projects aim at providing lifesaving assistance to the most vulnerable families by means of cash transfer and improved CMAM. At the same time the projects offer activities to prevent the situation of the beneficiaries from deteriorating.
Also, the activities correspond with the funding guidelines’ geographical focus. The project design is informed by best practices in cash transfer programming and puts emphasis on Swiss Solidarity’s strategic objectives of localizing aid. Finally, the proposed intervention has been designed in close consultation with the local partner organization Candlelight and is based on Candlelight’s core strengths, which is acting as local first responder in emergencies and in remote and hard to reach areas.
The overall objectives of the suggested projects are:
The food security situation of vulnerable IDP and host community families in Eastern Somaliland is stabilized and communities are more resilient towards adverse weather conditions. Vulnerable communities in Togdheer and Sool benefit from improved food security and access to malnutrition services in order to boost their individual and collective resilience.
In order to achieve the overall objectives, the projects offer: a) unconditional and conditional cash transfers for improved access to food, b) activities to boost individual and collective resilience, and c) Improved CMAM modalities. Cash Transfers and Resilience Building project will target 13’170 beneficiaries and will have a duration of 12 months (11/2019 – 10/2020) to allow families to recover from adverse weather conditions, while Community based management of acute malnutrition (CMAM) will target 17,162 direct beneficiaries and will have a duration of 16months ( 02/2020 – 04/2021). The project will be implemented by the local partner organization Candlelight. CACH will be in charge of the overall coordination and backstopping of the program, and will provide sustainable mentoring support to Candlelight.
Based on the above project background, Candlelight is looking for dynamic/qualified medical doctor who also equipped with project management skills and other conditions as per the following:
Main duty and responsibilities
- Responsible to manage the overall project day to day activities in Togdheer and Sool Regions
- Responsible to manage the project staff with Close coordination with Programme and regional managers.
- Responsible to lead of the mobile teams and understanding the project implementation steps according to the project work paper
- To provide clinical examination and case management
- Ensure monthly, quarterly project plan is developed, implemented timely and reported
- Lead, motivate and manage the mobile teams, CHVs relationships and resolve conflicts in the field teams
- Preparing project meetings whenever needed
- To guide medical team the medical team on daily basis by facilitating case management, case identification, diagnoses, treatment
- To check the referral cases based on case referral criteria and making final case diagnose and treatment
- To provide technical advice and support to the medical teams and other project staff
- To compile and submit project reports as per agreed time
- Attend regional ministry of health coordination meetings and ensure projects activities are shared with health and nutrition sectors
- Any other roles as may be assigned by Togdheer Regional Representative and Program Manger with close cooperation of Sanaag and Sool RR
Required skills, qualifications and competencies
- Minimum medical doctor or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of working experience as a clinical doctor
- Work experience of supervisor with in health field
-Possess experience in project management in similar project is must
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrate capacity to work in teams
- Ability travel rural areas within long time
- Excellent facilitation and motivation skills
- Excellent computer and communication skills
- Knowledge/ familiarity of the target sites (Togdheer and Sool)
- Fulltime commitment
- Responsible and able to command respect
How to Apply
If you think that you are fulfilled the above criteria and condition please forward your updated Cv and letter of motivation to: Hr@candlelightsom.org not later than on 15th of January 2020.
Note: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
848 total views, 5 today