Terms of Reference (TORs) Civic Educators Teams Mogadishu (2) Hirshabelle: Jowhar (1), Beledweyne(2) Southwest: Baidoa (1), Barawe (1), Galmudug (2) Dusamareeb (1), Galkao (1), Juballand 2 Kismayo (1) and Galbaharey(1), Somalia (15 Positions)
- Job category: Education
- Post date:10 Jul 2021
- Job expires in: 2 days
- Share job:
Election Situation Room
|Civic Educators Teams Terms of Reference (TORs)|
|BASE LOCATION: Mogadishu (2) Hirshabelle: Jowhar (1), Beledweyne(2) Southwest: Baidoa (1), Barawe (1), Galmudug (2) Dusamareeb (1), Galkao (1), Juballand 2 Kismayo (1) and Galbaharey(1)|
The Somalia Civil Society Election Situation Room (ESR) is a platform for coordination and information gathering where election conflict-related information is gathered, analyzed and disseminated to enhance collaboration, proactive advocacy and rapid response to conflict and dispute associated with Somalia electoral process. The ESR platform will also facilitate election conflict resolution support efforts to reduce electoral conflicts and prepare working environment between the National Indirect Election Dispute Resolution Teams and the disputed parties This platform was also intended to work for ensuring women quota in the current process and their active involvement in Somali’s political and electoral process. The ESR was established on 30th January 2021 by SONSA and PUNSAA, with the support of EISA, which will be operational during the parliamentary and presidential elections in Somalia. EISA will be the host organization driving the process and providing technical expertise based on its experience from the region and existing working relationship with these two platforms. PUNSA and SONSA CSOs network groups have capacity and credibility to coordinate the ESR a process. Beneficiaries will be the 17 members of the CSO coalition which includes women leaders from Banadir and all the Federal Member States (FMSs). Executive Steering Committee comprising 7 members of the civil society coalition was selected to lead ESR interventions during the 2020/21 electoral cycle, while the other members will be the taskforce or of the ESR in Banadir and the FMS. Duties and the responsibilities of the platform was developed, as well as its structure agreed on during the planning meeting. The mandate of the ESR is to do conflict prevention and dispute resolution support interventions, as well to promote the participation of women in the election process.
Therefore, SONSA are planning to implement Civic/voter education activities under the Peace Elections project funded by EU through EISA. The planned Civic/voter education activities will enable NSAs and citizens to participate in the broader political process and through creating citizens’ awareness and understanding of the 2021 electoral process.
The Overall objective of the assignment is to conduct Civic/voter Education with the following aims:
- To create awareness of and educate citizens on the 2021 electoral process.
- To sensitize community leaders and electors to better inform them about the 2016 electoral process. The Civic education activities will target 3,500participants including Women, youth, elders, Businesspersons and disadvantaged groups in Banadir and 5 states Galmudug, Juballand, South West, Hirshabelle and Banadir Region).
- Scope of Work
In preparation for the fifth-coming National 2021 election in Somalia, SONSA would like to increase its capacity to provide civic/voter education in wider scope FMs. SONSA will provide technical and financial support under the PEACE project to Civic/voter Educators. SONSA is therefore inviting interested competent individuals for the provision of civic and voter education with specific focus on reaching elders, business persons, youth, disabilities and marginalized groups in, Juballand, South-West, Galmudug, Hirshabelle and Banadir region.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of the Civic Education and Voter Education Activity Plan.
- Implement Civic/voter education events in their respective region or state.
- Organize and mobilize participants to attend inclusive civic/voter education events 1 or 2 days before every event.
- Organize training materials (Presentations, hand-outs and stationary) by using thepre-designed training resources and civic education guide.
- Prepare aschedule for civic/voter education events with a clear timetable.
- Collaborate with the team leaders to ensure the implementation of high quality civic/voter education events.
- Generate monthly activities report to beshared with the assigned Team Leader.
- Collect and organize financial support documents (invoices/receipt vouchers based on the allocated budget per event for proper financial reporting
- Perform any other activities assigned.
- Institutional Arrangements
SONSA will jointly EISA develop a coordinated CE/VE action plan for their respective civic educators, which will be separately conducted under the coordination of the respective Project Coordinators and the ESR Executive Steering Committee. The principle responsibility for logistical management of this assignment lies with SONSA. The platforms will contract individual civic educators and ensure the timely provision of advancing reimbursable costs and remuneration.
- Duration of the assignment
The engagement of Civic Educators will be for 3 months with possibility extension and is expected to start soon as possible.
- Civic/voter Educators will report to Lead Civic/voter Educators
- Qualifications and Experience
The Interest Candidate should meet the following: –
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent certificate in a relevant field (Education, Social Sciences or other related fields) is preferred.
- Proven experience in the provision of civic/voter education, community outreach or in lieu of that explanation of a new approach in Somalia to reach the target groups as defined above.
- Experience in training for transformation, community education or adult education particularly in the use of participatory adult learning methods.
- Able to engage both literate and illiterate audiences.
- Ability to organize and conduct civic education events for different categories of the community.
- Knowledgeable in the following: Civic education, voter education, Electoral Education and Community engagement
- Provide at least one report of any previous job relevant to the job required such as civic education, public outreach or voter education
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word and Excel and PowerPoint preferred (or similar tools) is strongly preferred.
- Excellent representational and communication skills, written and oral fluency in Somali and English.
- Willingness and ability to travel in Federal Member States.
- Ability to work harmoniously with people of different cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work in a team and maintain team spirit.
- Ability to work under pressure, and to act with discretion in a politically sensitive environment and to establish good working relationship both with Government authorities and colleagues
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV along with their application letter via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to “Civic Educators –SONSA in the subject line not later than on Monday 30th Wednesday 2021. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2864 total views, 3 today