Terms of References for Career Coaching and Mentorship for Ignite Hub/UOH Beneficiaries – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Mentor
- Post date:12 Sep 2021
- Share job:
Terms of References for Career Coaching and Mentorship for Ignite Hub/UOH Beneficiaries.
Oxfam has been working in Somalia and Somaliland for over 40 years, predominantly with local and national partners, but also with some direct implementation. Historically and currently, Oxfam has delivered both humanitarian and development programmes with significant focus on advocacy and local/national civil society development. Thematic areas of programming include gender, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), food security, fisheries management, civic engagement, political participation and improving economic opportunities, particularly for women and youth.
- About Work in Progress! Project!
The Work in Progress! (WIP!) the project aims to create more employment for young men and women in Egypt, Nigeria, and Somalia, prompting positive expectations about their future. This overarching objective will be achieved via three complementary pathways 1) increasing the supply of skilled youth by developing young people’s skills and capacities for (self) employment; 2) developing market demand by growing the small and medium enterprise (SME) sector so that it will create more employment opportunities; and 3) cultivating an enabling environment for youth employment. Work in Progress! Alliance partners bring their unique expertise to the project, making it possible to implement the holistic approach towards youth unemployment.
- Career Coaching Workshops
Oxfam will contract a training provider Training Centre/consultant to provide career planning coaching to 300 youth previously trained by University of Hargeisa/Ignite Hub. The purpose of the youth career planning is to help get know themselves, explore the career possibilities and match it, and plan their future career.
- Expected Career Coaching Content but not limited to;
- Overview on youth career coaching
- Inspiration talk
- Trust building
- Get to Know yourself
- Explore Possibilities
- Goal Setting
- Personal/Career Skills Audit
- Making a choice & matching it.
- Workplace Information/Market information
- Job Shadowing/Internship
- Getting a Job and Keeping it
- Career journey Job or entrepreneur
- Pitch yourself
- Training Time Frame
The Career Coaching and career mentorship workshops will have a duration of two months minimum and two and half month’s maximum. The training provider/consultant should deliver the mentorship and coaching sessions at Ignite/University of Hargeisa premises, where students took life skills trainings. The trainees will attend the training two days every week. The training provider should engage 20- 30 youths in every session and experienced career development trainers should deliver the coaching and mentorship sessions.
- Training Methodology should be:
The Coaching sessions will include techniques to enhance understanding, such as PowerPoint presentations, discussions and group work. The session should be participatory to improve learning and strengthen partnership among participants. Following techniques are expected to be used upon delivering the training:
- Participatory, interactive and hands-on training
- Use mini-lecturing/ trainees centred method
- Use demonstration and simulation materials
- Group work/discussion and individual activities
- Conducive space for training participants
- Expected Deliverables
- Coaching and mentoring 300 previously trained students
- A comprehensive report of the mentorship and coaching assignment including pictures and trainee quotes.
- One success story of the students supported
- Signed attendance sheets
- Qualification and Experience
The following are minimum requirements for the coaching providers/consultant to be considered for carrying out this assignment.
- Should submit updated organization profile including relevant past experience of the organization.
- A technical proposal detailing the coaching work plan, budget breakdown and reporting timeframe
- Relevant past experience with similar work done
- The coaching provider/consultant must have a Conducive-training center for the facilitation of the training sessions.
- How to Apply
Oxfam invites technical and financial proposals applications from interested firms/consultants should present and an application, as follows:
- A technical application detailing- understanding of the Call for Proposal, methodology and approaches, CVs of the team leaders and technical reference of previous similar works.
- A financial proposal with detailed budget taking considering the details in the Call for Proposal and timelines therein.
- At least two reports of similar assignments in the last one year.
- Application Procedures
Interested firms/consultants who meet the conditions specified herein are invited to submit their technical and financial proposals including proposed training content & plan, CVs of leader firm(s) and a clear demonstration of understanding and interpretation of this Terms of Reference (TOR) to the procurement email on: SOM-Consultancies@oxfam.org and indicate in Career Coaching Workshops the subject line of the e-mail, submission not later than 25th September 2021.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1417 total views, 2 today