TOR FOR CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT TRAINING FOR THE PROGRAM TEAM IN THE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF SOLID AND DEMAND DRIVEN PROJECT PROPOSALS – Somalia
- Job category: Education
- Post date:1 Sep 2020
- Share job:
TOR FOR CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT TRAINING FOR THE PROGRAM TEAM IN THE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF SOLID AND DEMAND DRIVEN PROJECT PROPOSALS.
SOS Children’s Villages (CV) Somalia is part of SOS Children’s Villages International, a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that is non-profit, non-sectarian, non-partisan and has been in existence since 1985 in Somalia. Currently, SOS CV Somalia manages one Village, a kindergarten, a primary school and secondary school in Mogadishu. In addition, SOS also manages Family Strengthening, youth economic and employment development, Emergency, Health and Nutrition programme in Banadir and South state of Somalia.
In the last two years, in collaboration with board, SOS Somalia has been expanding its geographical areas and core business to promote and strengthen endeavors to contribute to the achievement of organization target SDGs and to the situation that every child in Somalia develops within a caring family environment to his/her full potential as a self-supporting and contributing member of society. To achieve these goals, the association works through a programmatic approach geared towards Family Strengthening, Alternative Care, Youth Development and employment and economic Development programmes.
With emerging donors demand of local driven initiatives and in consideration to the senate approved 2030 strategy and 5 priorities brochure that promotes national staff capacity development, SOS CV Somalia has prioritized issues concerning capacity building of its staff to take the lead in the development of quality, local relevance project proposals and as well building a solid fundraising and income base that contribute to the sustainability of SOS interventions .
In light of the above, the SOS plans to strengthen the capacity of the key staff to design solid and demand driven project proposals, so as to empower them with required knowledge, skills and competencies required to formulate project proposals that are economically, socially, politically and environmentally viable.
In view of this, SOS seek to engage an expert to provide capacity development training to key program teams in all steps of project design and formulations process.
- Objectives of the Training
The overall aim is to improve the capacity of the staff in designing and delivering quality project and program proposals across the respective programs based on project cycle management. The training will be conducted with the aim of imparting the participants with technical skills and knowledge and understanding of designing a quality, demand driven and viable project/Program proposal.
The training will be preceded by capacity needs assessment conducted by the consultant. The consultant is also expected to develop a report for recommendations for the way forward for the development of the training course outlines tailored to the findings of the need assessment.
3. Scope of Work and key tasks.
3.1 Training and Workshop
The trainer will be responsible for the planning, development of module/course outlines and conduct of the five days’ workshop for the program staff. The training should be practical based. It is expected that the workshop will provide participants with knowledge and skills on at least, but not exclusive to, the following five main sessions:
- Identification and analysis of situations/context.
- Project Designing and formulation steps.
- Development and dissemination of project social impacts stories (success stories/case studies.
- Potential donor mapping
- Summary of key deliverables:
- Undertake survey and needs assessment for the participants to be trained.
- Develop interactive and detailed training modules/training session plan on capacity building of the program team on effective designing and delivering of the program proposals.
- Deliver 5-days training for selected relevant program team.
- Develop fundraising/resource mobilization strategy.
- Develop training workshop report.
Participants are expected from the program team and facility heads. The total number of participants will be 20-25 persons.
- Outputs and schedule
The precise dates of the assignment will be agreed with SOSCV Somalia and training expert prior to signature of the agreement.
- Remuneration and Expenses.
SOS CV Somalia shall pay the consultancy fee as agreed between both the parties by contract agreement. All travel and local expenses shall also be included in the contract agreement.
- Qualifications and Experience
The training expert with the following experience is welcome to apply:
- Advanced University Degree/masters in project Management, Education or other related disciplines.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible relevant experience, preferably in capacity building training.
- At least 7 years of good experience and knowledge in programme design, implementation, reporting, and monitoring, preferably in the field of Education, Youth, economic and employment development and Health program)
- Good experience in conducting workshop and management, including participatory training approaches.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English.
- Application Procedure
Applicants are required to submit the following documents to SOS on or before 10th September 2020 with the subject line: CAPACITY BUILDING TRAINING to email@example.com
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- A Technical Proposal: Stating why you consider your service suitable for the assignment and a brief methodology on the approach and implementation of the assignment;
- Personal CVs of technical personnel proposed for this project highlighting qualifications and experience in similar assignment;
- Financial proposal indicating training fee and a breakdown of expenses
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1189 total views, 6 today