TOR For Local Expert for developing Youth Development act document
- Job category: Youth Affairs
- Post date:8 Sep 2019
- Share job:
TOR FOR YOUTH DEVELOPMENT FUND ACT
- ASSINGMENT SUMMARY
|Title||Local Expert for developing Youth Development act document|
|Contract Duration||One Month|
|Start date||19thSept 2019|
BACKGROUND TO CARE WORK IN SOMALIA/Somaliland
CARE International has been providing development and lifesaving assistance across different regions of Somalia since 1981. Our programs go beyond meeting basic needs at the onset of an emergency to helping affected communities recover, rebuild their lives and become more resilient. In order to strengthen communities to better cope with future disasters and address persistent poverty and vulnerability, we are implementing a variety of longer term development activities aimed at addressing the underlying causes of poverty in Somalia. Our development programs support marginalized women and youth through innovative projects in education, water and sanitation, sustainable environmental management, civil society development, peace building and governance and small scale enterprise development. CARE works in partnership with Somali and international NGOs, civil society leaders, universities, the private sector and local authorities in order to bring effective and lasting change to the most vulnerable communities.
CARE Somalia is implementing the “Every Voice Counts” (EVC) program, which focuses on inclusive governance processes and is implemented in 5 other countries besides Somalia: Afghanistan, Burundi, Pakistan, Rwanda and Sudan.
The program’s long-term objective is to contribute to inclusive and effective governance processes in fragile settings. In the program, four domains of change are identified. These domains are: 1. Empowerment of members of excluded groups on lobby and advocacy, 2. Strengthening the advocacy role and capacity of civil society, 3. Responsive public authorities and other power holders, 4. Effective spaces for dialogue and negotiation.
The program is informed by CARE’s extensive experience in programming, including advocacy support, in fragile settings and builds on CARE’s Governance Programming Framework. CARE envisions strengthening advocacy capacities of excluded groups and civil society organizations in some of the most fragile settings in the world.
The Theory of Change can be summarized in the following figure:
Outcomes and outputs of the program
While each country has a country-specific TOC with country-specific outcomes, at program level the outcomes of each of the domains of change are defined as follows:
Outcome 1: Young women and men understand their rights and responsibilities
Outcome 2: Strong civil society organizations effectively advocating on behalf of young women and men.
Outcome 3: Public authorities and other power holders, including traditional leaders, are responsive to the needs and interests of young women and men
Domain 4: Effective spaces for dialogue and negotiation exists for young women and men.
Objective of the assignment
The overall objective of this consultancy is to review the newly revised Youth policy for Puntland, as well as other important document, Puntland youth policy implementation plan and Puntland development plan for Youth developments and propose relevant Youth development legislative framework which will help on establishing enabling environment to enhance Youth development agenda in Puntland.
Specific objectives the specific objectives of this consultancy are to:
- Review Puntland Youth Policies e.g. revised Puntland Youth Policy, Youth policy Implementation Plan Puntland Development Plan and other relevant development policies, guidelines and other documented policy positions,
- Work closely youth actors to provide guidance on addressing gaps in the current policies and legal frameworks and propose new frame work for youth development
- Sit with the Ministry of Labor, Youth and Sports officials for consultation to collect primary data through Key Informant interview method;
- Conduct two consultative meetings and validation work shop;
- Based on the identified gaps and proposed solution make recommendations for the most appropriate legislative and regulatory framework), to support the adoption of frame work
- Enhance capacity of primary stakeholders through a process of “learning by doing” to incorporate ecosystem services value considerations in planning and in decision-making.
- propose a new structure to manage the Youth Development Fund with clear roles and responsibility
- inception report indicating how theconsultant will carry out the assessment, i.e. methodology for engaging the key stakeholders
- draft concept notes on youth Development Fund
- Using the questionnaire developed (Tool for the primary data collection), the consultant will facilitate two consultative workshops for primary data collection and validation meeting of the final revised YDF Act (these meetings will be arranged Mudan in collaboration with MoLYS) and report (to Mudan/Care);
- Final/revised youth Development Fund act document with clear roles responsibility
- Proposed workplan on Youth development fund implementation
- Submit the final document approved by the Ministry to Care International.
the local expert will report toMoLYS the final document for approval and CARE’S youth empowerment manager for facilitation and project familiarization as well as facilitation cost however; The local expert will be working under the direct leadership of the director general for ministry of Youth and Sports Puntland and he/she will make sure the technical staff andkey line minister is well consult and their in-out are incorporated in to the document
This Consultant is also required to engage and collaborate with all relevant stakeholders (Youth actors including but not limited to INGO, UN Agencies, youth CSO women CSO etc and liaise with project implementing partner (MUDAN) to get their input.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications MUST submit their applications, updated CVs of individuals to conduct the study or profile of applying company to: SOM.Consultant@care.org. Please indicate YOUTH DEVELOPMENT FUND ACT as the subject heading not later than 15th September 2019.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1157 total views, 2 today