Tor for Story Writing Training – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Education
- Post date:13 Oct 2021
- Share job:
ToR for STORY WRITING TRAINING
SOS Children’s Villages in Somaliland is a Member Association of SOS Children’s Villages International. This federation was first established in 1949 and focused on children’s development into a self-supporting and contributing members of the society. SOS Somaliland is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that is not for profit, non-sectarian, and non-partisan.
It was established in Somaliland in 1999, with its first operations in the Sahil region. Currently, SOS in Somaliland is operational in two more regions of Awdal and Marodijeh. SOS implements social programs ranging from childcare, child protection, youth empowerment and participation, education, and emergency relief interventions. SOS works closely with many stakeholders, including government authorities at national, regional, and district levels, other NGOs, INGOs, local communities, as well as CSOs.
SOS in Somaliland shares a vision with SOS Children’s Villages International and beliefs that every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect, and security. To realize this, SOS builds families for children in need to help them shape their futures and to share in the development of their communities.
SOS in Somaliland is committed to the welfare of children who lost parental care or at risk of losing parental care. Often ensuring that children grow up in a loving family environment, and strengthening families of origin and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against child abandonment and social negligence. SOS in Somaliland upholds Child Protection Policy as part of their commitment to safeguarding children and young people from all abuse.
Story writing and narrative reporting is part of every program unit, and all SOS co-workers are expected to articulate their work through descriptive reports and human stories. Therefore, SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland wants to build the capacity of its core care co-workers of social and field workers on story writing and quality reporting, which will create a skilled, competent workforce.
- Overview of the training
This training will enable core SOS Children’s Villages in Somaliland staff to construct stories that represent their social work and activities. The training will also support the staff to explore how, when, and what words to deliver to establish a better connection with both the beneficiaries, sponsors and the donors. It will build the staff’s capacity to base their stories on emotion and communicate with empathy.
The objective of the training:
- Improve the value of stories in every mode of work and the impact of good narratives and essential reporting (A good story can deliver a concept, engage more, and increase brand loyalty by building a community)
- Enhance the understanding of staff on how and why stories are the best information transfer tools for internal and external communication
- Learn subject analysing and avoiding standard incorrect reporting
- Identify how to choose characters in the beneficiaries to write a convincing human story
- Educate on how to stretch a story to illustrate an activity without being boring
- Build capacity on how to translate figures, numbers, and data into a more influential and emotional story
- Explain how to refine or how to modify stories/editing, and track accuracy, while preparing a story
- Increase knowledge of the staff on demonstrating their work through stories as a written form
- Learn how to build empathy and how to shift perspective on creative communications through writing good stories
3. Training Methodology:
An inclusive, engaging and practical approach is highly recommended, where the staff can interactively prepare and apply writing the learned-skills so that they can be corrected well on-spot. The trainer must conduct the sessions through activities, visuals, and experiments.
4. Number of participants:
The training participants will be mainly the social workers and field staff, a total of 20 members of SOS Somaliland’s co-workers will participate to be trained.
5. Duration of the training:
The training will be conducted for 3 days starting from 30th October – 1st of November, 2021. From 8:00 am to 3:00 pm with one hour for prayers and lunch.
6. Roles of the trainer/s:
• The trainer must share details of the training materials and expected schedule ahead of time for quality checks and approval.
• The facilitator shall provide a comprehensive report of the process at the end of the training capturing all the objectives needed from the training
• The training facilitator should include the preferred methodology of conducting the training and sample stories prepared for previous work.
To apply, indicate the title of job being applied for on the subject of the e-mail.
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 21st October 2021. SOS is an equal employer; female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, it is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1488 total views, 1 today