TOR for the development of Web based Medical Commodity Tracking System (MCTS) – Somalia
- Job category: Tender/Bid/RFQ/RFP
- Post date:6 Sep 2020
- Share job:
TOR for the development of Web based Medical Commodity Tracking System (MCTS)
CARE Somalia/Somaliland has been providing development and life-saving assistance across all regions of Somalia since 1981. Our programmes go beyond meeting basic needs at the onset of an emergency to helping affected communities recover and rebuild their lives long after the crisis ends.
In order to strengthen communities to better cope with future disasters and address persistent problems of poverty and marginalization, CARE is implementing Humanitarian and development activities aimed at addressing new shocks and the underlying causes of poverty in Somalia. CARE programs aim at supporting Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs)< Returnees and, vulnerable women and children through innovative projects in Health, Nutrition, Education, Water, Hygeine and sanitation (WASH), sustainable environmental activities, civil society development, peace building, governance and small scale enterprise development.
CARE Somalia focuses on participatory approaches, working in partnership with local and civil society organisations, the government, UN agencies, peer NGOs and the private sector. This enables CARE to support the priorities of local populations, while bringing in resources and partnerships to spur innovation and durable solutions to the most vulnerable.
The Emergency Program (EP) provides direct humanitarian relief to communities affected by Shocks including drought, floods, disease outbreaks and conflict across Somalia.
The Emergency department has several projects implemented in collaboration with partners and Government ministries such as health centres located within communities affected by drought, floods and other emergencies. Currently CARE supports 20 Health centres located in Somaliland, Puntland and Lower Jubba. CARE purchases and supplies medical and non-medical supplies to these locations. This involves movement of medical supplies (drugs and non-drugs) which require delicate handling and tracking for efficiency and accountability CARE intends to develop a system that will help in keeping up to date records of medical and nutrition supplies as track supplies movement.
- Purpose of the Consultancy
The main purpose of the consultancy is to design, develop and support CARE Somalia (Emergency Unit) develop a comprehensive integrated computerized web-based Commodity Tracking System for timely accountability, visibility and ease of reporting.
3. Description of the features of the Commodity Tracking System
- Tracking of medical and non-medical commodities to CARE main ware house.
- Tracking of medical and non-medical supplies from main ware house to regional medical stores
- Tracking of medical and non-medical from receipt in warehouse to issuing to users/beneficiaries: – Receive items at main warehouse, transfer to field stores, issue to intended beneficiaries
- Track expiry date of items especially medical and non-medical either individually or as batches
- Manage stock levels and able to provide forecasts
- Tagging products with the fund code and project ID for traceability and accountability.
- Inventory movement and management of inter-store/warehouse transfers.
- Ability to generate reports – stock movement and balances.
- Ability to email alerts as maybe defined – example upon stock issue out for distribution.
- Retain historical data for audit and audit trails.
Registration of beneficiaries (direct beneficiaries and institutions/entities) at the final issue stage.The MCTS must be user friendly, interactive and web based; accessible by staff and partners (and in some cases donors) from remote locations. It will also include and define user access-right levels to guide institutional data security and data governance; it must also incorporate data backup and security against attacks. The system must track user history (i.e. all edits and modifications) and store these in the system as well as have import/export functionality to allow data and information to be imported/exported to and fro other formats e.g. Excel, pdf. Other features are having customizable reporting/dashboards for analysis. Generally, the system should be light, fast loading and easy to access with low Internet speeds. It will be nice to have – a) Incorporate GIS component for at a glance overview of the implementation areas and b) Mobile app for data entry
TASK ONE: Requirements Analysis
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1261 total views, 30 today