Training Coordinator – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Education
- Post date:5 Sep 2020
- Share job:
TERMS OF REFERENCE for training coordinator position
Title: Training Coordinator
Period: 24 Months (Fixed)
Duty Station: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Reports to: Program Manager
Network against FGM/C in Somaliland (NAFIS) is a non-political, non-governmental and humanitarian network. NAFIS was established in late 2006 in Hargeisa by a number of local NGOs working towards the eradication of FGM/C. Currently, NAFIS has a membership of 20 organizations operating in all the regions of Somaliland. As the only nationwide network of its kind, the main purpose of NAFIS is to combat all forms of FGM/C in Somaliland through coordination and networking, policy framework, research and documentation, capacity building for they key stakeholders and media awareness.
NAFIS is looking for to recruit a Training Coordinator for 24 months to improve NAFIS members’ capacity to adapt to the changing context. The person will act as a support person for NAFIS member organizations in their institutional and operational capacity building efforts. S/he will provide close support to the members and coordinate e.g. trainings on fundraising, community engagement and mobilization, advocacy and lobbying, and data collection and analysis, thereby improving the resilience and effectiveness of these mostly women-led grassroots. Various trainings will be provided under all these topics, targeting all NAFIS member organizations. The topics have been identified jointly with NAFIS member organizations.
Role and Responsibilities
• Training Coordinator will communicate with managers of member organizations to identify training needs and mapping out development plans for teams and individuals.
• Training Coordinator will be responsible for organizing, designing, developing, coordinating and selecting trainers of all training programs.
• Map out annual training plans for management, HR, of both Managers of NAFIS network and member organizations.
• Select appropriate training methods or activities (e.g. simulations, mentoring, on-the-job training, professional development classes)
• Design, prepare and order training/educational aids and materials
• Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on employee skills and KPIs
• Gather feedback from trainers and trainees after each training session
Desired Qualifications and Expertise
• Proven work experience as a Training Coordinator, Trainer, Training Facilitator or similar role
• Hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events in a reputable organization
• Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
• Experience with various training methods, including on-the-job coaching, mentorship experience with different projects, like management training, fund raising and soft-skills development.
• Familiarity with the instructors, equipment and educational material requirements for each project.
• MS Office proficiency
• Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
• Strong communication skills
Applicants should send their CVs with application letter to email@example.com on or before 15 September, 2020. Please mention “Training Coordinator” on your email subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NAFIS Network is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are in particularly encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2002 total views, 3 today