Training: Fundamentals Of Aviation – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Education
- Post date:3 Jan 2022
- Share job:
TRAINING: FUNDAMENTALS OF AVIATION
OUR VISION STATEMETN
QRTC is established to offer the best research and training service and aspires to be a leading institution in manpower empowerment through continuous quality capacity development initiatives.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To deliver capacity building programs for the labor force with the aim of maximizing their chances of achieving their career aspirations.
ABOUT THE CENTER
The Qaran Research and Training Centre is a professional institution created to support research and quality practical trainings that improve the employability of the workforce in Somaliland and other resource-limited settings across the greater of Horn of Africa. We achieve this through designing and implementing innovative and well-informed trainings; ranging from M and E, Project management, HR, logistics and Research processes. We aspire to reduce high unemployment in the region through high quality mentoring, rigorous interventions and strong collaborations.
Currently, we are offering professional short courses which are great eye-opened opportunity for wide range of audience including NGO staff, government officials and unemployed persons and fresh graduates willing to advance their sought-after skills or looking decent and deserved jobs. As part of this programme, our Fundamentals of aviation which is first of its kind in Somaliland-were scheduled to kick off in the second week on January in 2022.Around 400 trainees have already benefited from our previous various trainings both in class and online classes (about of these 20% females). Some of these former trainees have landed decent jobs at INGOs due to knowledge and skills gained from our trainings. Please see below the complete training outlines.
This course provides a comprehensive understanding of the various aviation activities performing by the airport authorities, Air Navigation Service Providers and other aviation stakeholders including airlines. The course is mainly designed for those who are interesting to excel their aviation knowledge or going to join in the aviation industry.
WHO WILL FACILITATE THE TRAINING?
The facilitator has been working in the aviation industry specifically at Air Navigation Services for the last Five years and attended professional ICAO certified aviation courses including Fundamentals of Aviation from University of Waterloo, Personnel License from Singapore Aviation Academy, Aeronautical information Management from East Africa School of Aviation and Aerodrome Safety Management System from South Korea Aviation Academy. He has master’s degree of International Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid Management at Kalu Institute-Spain. He also completed Diploma of Project Cycle Management and has bachelor’s degree of Civil Engineering at Gollis University.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE?
Aviation professionals as well as other professionals transitioning into aviation, Civil Aviation Authorities personnel, Airline Operators, other aviation industry professionalism, fresh University graduates seeking to join this field.
THE TRAINING DURATION
This is six days training course with 2 hours per day: Course registration deadline is on 15th January 2022 and course training dates are between 16th of January and 22ndof February 2022 for offline class. The online classes will take one full weekwhere trainees will lectures video recorded, assignments including data sets and live sessions through zoom
After completing this course, it is our expectation to.
- Understand the origin of aviation and Aviation Conventions including Chicago Convention
- Fully Understand the fundamentals of air law such as 9 freedoms of air
- Describe how an aircraft fly and controlled while airborne
- Explain the airworthiness of the aircraft and ICAO regulations related to aircraft design
- Understand the operational structure of airports, specifically elements of airside and landside operations
- Describe different types of airlines and how their operations vary
- Summaries the importance of CNS in air traffic management
- Understand the difference between Accident and incident investigation techniques
DETAILED TRAINING CONTENTS:
Module one: Air-law and Freedoms of Air
- Describe the 1944 Chicago Conference, as well as the structure and function of the International Civil Aviation Organization
- Discuss the 9 freedoms of air
- Understand international aviation laws and national aviation regulations
- Identify the various international organizations that influence international aviation regulation
Module two: Operations of aircrafts and Airworthiness
- Explain how international regulations impact the design and airworthiness
- of aircraft
- Describe the training, roles, and work environments of aviation maintenanceprofessionals
- Describe the international regulations impacting aviation operations
- Summarize how aviation professionals are trained and licensed.
Module three: Airport Operations
- Describe airport certifications and requirements of categorizing the airports
- Explain the organizational structure of airports, aeronautical and non-aeronautical charges
- Describe landside operations
- Familiarize Airside operations
Module four: Communication, Navigation and Surveillance in ATM
- Explain why air traffic management is essential in the aviation industry.
- Discuss three key considerations in air navigation – communication,surveillance, and navigation, including the technologies, standards, and
- Understand current technologies and standards for facilitating Navigation
- Cockpit equipment that assists pilots for proper navigation
Module Five: Aircraft Accident and Incident Investigation
- Understand the differencebetweenAccidant and Incidents
- Explain the role of search and rescue.
- Explain the primary causal factors of aviation accidents in various sectors of the industry.
- Discuss how aviation accidents are investigated, referring to accident investigation authorities, safety technologies, and the investigation process.
COURSES APPLICATION PROCESS (ENTRY REQUIREMENTS)
- We record video lectures of courses which are intended to online trainees in Somalia (Mogadishu, Garowe, Kismayo, Baidao and many more others)
- There are also live sessions throught zoom where participants interact with facilitators for rich discussions.
- The offline class will be held in our Hargeisa Training Hall( North of -Hayat Diagnostic center, Near Idam School)
- Pay the course fee which is only 35dollars covering all training related costs.
- Payment modes: deposit at Zaad/ E-dahab 0633499969 or Dahabshil account HRG 32342 before course deadline.
- A group of three persons who will be attending a same course at one time will have a discount of 15%.
- Course registration deadline 15th January 2022. The in class training dates are 16th -20th January 2022. The Training hours is 5:30pm – 7:00pm for above mentioned days.
- Follow through this link to get register: https://ee.kobotoolbox.org/x/gLlDKeTy
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1017 total views, 1 today