Training Specialist – Mogadishu
- Job category: Education
- Post date:3 Mar 2020
- Job expires in: Expired
- Share job:
Title: Training Specialist -SomaliNational/International
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
|TITLE: Training Specialist|
|GRADE: TBC||CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year (renewable)|
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Save the Children seeks qualified Teacher Training Expert candidates for a five-year USAID-funded Responsive, Accelerated, Inclusive, and Safe Education (RAISE) Project, to be implemented in 3 regions of Somalia, with the aim of increasing access to quality education for children and youth affected by conflicts. The training Specialist will lead the training and Teacher Professional Development (TPD) of the Alternative Education Program (AEP) teachers, focusing on teachers’ quality and instructional delivery. The training Specialist will be based in Mogadishu/Garowe, and will provide high-quality technical training inputs to strengthen and support teacher preparation institutions, build critical skills for quality teaching, and improve the enabling environment for teacher practice
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
Staff reporting to this post:Teacher training Officer
(delete where its not applicable)
Budget Responsibilities:USAID Project Training Budgets
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
|BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
· honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
|EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
|Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
|Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
|Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and
assign the best qualified talent.
Interested and qualified applicants can view the profile and apply for this position through thebelow URLs:-
Closing Date will be 14th March 2020
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1824 total views, 10 today