TV Manager – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:31 Mar 2021
- Share job:
Position Title: TV Manager
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Employment: Full Time
Launched in 2012 in London, UK, Star TV is an affiliate of MAH Companies Management, and provides a vast variety of services through its diversified business lines. We serve domestic as well as global customers and deliver high quality services and products in: Research, Real State, Consultancy, Media and Entertainment. We are a multi-disciplinary enterprise which has a number of freestanding and independent projects.
Stat TV is currently recruiting professionals for above position for its projects in Hargeisa, Somaliland.
- Direct and manage all aspects of Star TV operations across the Somali regions to achieve profitability goals by leading the team on-air output within a 24/7 production environment that includes continuous live segments.
- Maintain and develop studios and networks across the Somali regions
- Ensure schedules abide by network contracts, departmental budgets and are compliant with relevant regulatory agencies.
- Oversee schedule assignments of the Television Production staff.
- Oversee/coordinate departmental budget including payroll and line items for supply ordering by closely working with the finance department.
- Manage the development and implementation of strategic sales and marketing plans; direct sales forecasting activities and revenue-generating goals to meet specific channel goals and profitability
- Formulate budgets, expenditures, marketing programs and appropriations for total station operations
- Manage market analysis and development to identify new Sales revenue and programs content opportunities to meet the channel’s planned objectives for growth and financial success.
- Lead the management and development of a skilled staff that encourages both team and individual capabilities while promoting an environment that supports the management values and vision of the MAH Group.
- Maintain existing and build new business relationships across the Horn of Africa region and expand corporate business with enhanced viewership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Media/Mass Communications or Business Management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 + years of (live) television experience
- 3 + years of supervising employees
- Expert knowledge of the television industry operation
- Paying attention to Covid-19 related programming and requirements
- Abid by key media ethics and code of conduct
- Able to transform ideas into reality
- Strong technical skills related to television production
- Studio space management
- Excellent understanding of all job assignments within the TV Production reporting structure
- Strong financial skills in order to manage strict budget requirements
- Detail oriented
- Ability to participate in bids
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and liaise with the MAH Group
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to lead and develop teams
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Great understanding of social media, web technology and innovations
- Able to manage data from online content industry
- Fluent in written and spoken Somali and English language
- Attractive package
- Generous commission on top of basic salary
- Being part of larger team beyond media
About Star TV
Star TV is an independent and progressive media organization focusing on the global Somali community and all interested stakeholders. The channel was incorporated in December 2012 in England and Wales and June 2013 in Somaliland and Somalia as a Limited company in the name of Star Media Corporation.
Star is a satellite and online oriented television with a global footprint. Star TV aims to enrich the television viewing experiences of Somali people across the globe while removing dullness from their television screens. Our progammes are family oriented but have content specifically geared towards the new generation, particularly those living in the Eastern African continent as well as in the Diaspora. With offices and studios in Europe and East Africa we
are able to cater for the needs of our audiences more effectively.
To offer programmes and content of high quality that enrich the viewing experiences of our audiences by creating a sound platform to inform, educate and entertain.
To become the number ONE Somali oriented media organization through originality, outstanding and relevant content while ensuring best practice and long-term continuity.
Deadline for application
Please send your application letter and up to date CV no later than 7 April 2021 to:
Mohamed Aden Hassan
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
782 total views, 1 today